The US District of Columbia awarded
Infosys Public Services, a US-based subsidiary of
Infosys, a global consulting and technology leader, a one-year contract valued at $49.5 million to develop its new health benefit exchange, a crucial component of the Affordable Care Act.
Infosys Public Services is the prime systems integrator of this healthcare system transformation that will bring critically important benefits to nearly one quarter million District residents. Individuals, families, and small businesses can purchase healthcare coverage through an online marketplace. The Exchange, known as the District of Columbia Access System (DCAS), is a state-of-the-art health and human services solution that will provide seamless healthcare coverage while minimizing risks.
- As the prime systems integrator, Infosys Public Services is currently designing and implementing the new health benefit exchange, and replacing the District’s legacy Medicaid and eligibility systems with new technology that will provide a wide array of services in compliance with the new healthcare law.
- The District of Columbia and Infosys Public Services have successfully completed a federal review of this web-based Marketplace Exchange portal, which will allow consumers to access, research, and choose affordable health coverage. The District’s Exchange is the first of the nation’s state-based marketplaces to gain federal approval in the second phase or “wave” of required tests.
- The new system will also deliver new case management capabilities that span a wide range of the District’s programs and agencies.
- DCAS will provide the District with an integrated eligibility system supporting Medicaid, private health insurance and other health programs.
- The system includes key capabilities for providing health insurance to the uninsured and underinsured, including:
- managing qualified health plans from insurers
- determining program eligibility
- enabling shopping for qualified health plans for participating insurers
- supporting enrollment in a specific plan, and
- managing billing for premiums, aggregation of payments, and facilitating payments to insurers
- Infosys Public Services partnered with industry leaders and other specialists in key functional areas to bring best-in-class solutions to the District for integrated eligibility, plan management and shopping, billing, aggregation and payment.
Eric Paternoster, Chief Executive Officer, Infosys Public Services:
“This new system will allow the District of Columbia to more easily determine eligibility and enroll individuals, families, and small businesses. The system, which leverages our healthcare and health insurance exchange expertise, can also scale up to support new capabilities in the future. We look forward to partnering with the District on this important healthcare program initiative.”
- Infosys Public Services website – Health and Human Services
- District of Columbia – contract award announcement
- District of Columbia – Wave 2 Federal IT Systems Testing announcement
About Infosys Public Services
Infosys Public Services, a U.S. based subsidiary of Infosys (NYSE:INFY), is a leader in business consulting and technology solutions. We partner with healthcare and public sector organizations to help them stay ahead of the innovation curve. Our solutions, combined with execution excellence and proven best practices, allow clients to optimize their operations today while building tomorrow’s enterprise. Visit
www.infosyspublicservices.com to learn more.
Infosys is a global leader in business consulting and technology solutions. As a proven partner focused on building tomorrow’s enterprise, Infosys enables clients in more than 30 countries to outperform the competition and stay ahead of the innovation curve.
Ranked in the top tier of Forbes’ 100 most innovative companies, Infosys – with $7.4B in annual revenues and 150,000+ employees – provides enterprises with strategic insights on what lies ahead. We help enterprises transform and thrive in a changing world through strategic consulting, operational leadership and the co-creation of breakthrough solutions, including those in mobility, sustainability, big data and cloud computing.
www.infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY) is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013 and on Form 6-K for the quarters ended June 30, 2012, September 30, 2012 and December 31, 2012.These filings are available at
www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company, unless required by law.