Infosys, a global leader in technology, consulting and services, today announced that it is extending its relationship with Oracle to enhance support for a range of innovative solutions and services on new technology platforms. These platforms will enable enterprises to use Oracle products to reshape their business and create new innovation ecosystems.
Chief Executive Officer of Infosys, Dr. Vishal Sikka, made these significant announcements in his keynote address at the Oracle OpenWorld. Infosys will use its Oracle PartnerNetwork Diamond Level Partner status, its global network of Innovation Centers, and its extensive experience of implementing Oracle solutions in more than 30 countries to help their joint clients gain lasting competitive advantage driven by the latest technology advancements.
Infosys and Oracle will expand their relationship across digital marketing, big data and Oracle Cloud Applications, underpinned by investments from Infosys in Oracle technology.
- Infosys has established a Center of Excellence (CoE) for digital marketing exclusively around Oracle Marketing Cloud. The rich and robust product functionality of the Oracle suite combined with Infosys business consulting, systems integration and innovation services can help implement enterprise digital marketing strategies efficiently. These include supporting the marketing process – from campaign conceptualization to measuring return on marketing investments
- Infosys announced it has accelerated campaign launch cycle by 30 percent and increased campaign response rates by five percent for a leading industrial manufacturer using a combination of Infosys consulting and systems integration capabilities and Oracle Marketing Cloud
- Infosys has also implemented Oracle Marketing Cloud to drive automation and increase efficiency across its marketing operations
- Infosys has worked with Oracle to enable the Infosys Big Data platform to unlock the value from clients’ investments in existing Oracle systems such as Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Big Data Appliance, Oracle Exalytics and other data technologies. This now allows customers to extract business insights from very large amounts of both structured and unstructured data in near real-time, providing complete, real-time and end-to-end visibility of data across the entire IT landscape
- The Infosys Big data platform comes with over 50 data source connectors that allow immediate access to structured and unstructured data residing across the enterprise in existing Oracle and other vendor systems
- Infosys has also developed industry-specific solutions for big data in retail, communications, oil and gas, and automotive industries delivering capabilities such as fraud detection and prevention, predictive analytics and monitoring, and customer micro-segmentation that deliver faster returns on investment
Oracle Cloud Applications
- Infosys is increasing its activities around Oracle Cloud Applications. This includes training 1000 consultants every year in each Oracle Cloud Applications pillar, augmenting one of the largest pools of Oracle Cloud Applications’ consultants worldwide
- Infosys is building solutions for Oracle Cloud Marketplace and has more than 30 solutions in the pipeline. The two companies are also co-developing Oracle Fusion applications
- Infosys has utilized multiple Oracle Exadata Database Machines to build CoEs on Oracle- engineered systems
- Infosys and Oracle are building solutions including proof-of-concept solutions for clients. These are demonstrated in the Infosys Innovation Center located at the Oracle headquarters in San Francisco
Java related competencies
- Infosys has deeply invested in Java and built an experienced pool of strong Java/JEE skilled employees spanning across the globe and working on providing solutions to Infosys clients across multiple domain and verticals
- Infosys is a key member of the Oracle PartnerNetwork specializing in Oracle Java Platform. The company is expanding its open ecosystem capabilities around Java and domain-specific languages such as Scala, Groovy, Jython, JRuby and Clojure that are based on Java and Java Virtual Machine
Ravi Kumar, Executive Vice President and Global Head, Oracle Practice, Infosys:
“Infosys has worked with Oracle to create a wide range of service offerings to help our joint clients take advantage of the transformational power of software. Oracle continues to develop their products to help businesses compete and grow. Combining the innovation power of Oracle and the global consulting and systems integration expertise of Infosys will enable organizations to redesign and transform their operations and derive increasing value from existing and emerging technologies.”
Derek Williams, Executive Vice President, Oracle:
“I am pleased to see the continued commitment and investment from Infosys across the Oracle portfolio. Infosys teams with our sales organization to provide differentiated value in our joint sales cycles and implementation services to enable successful customer go lives. In addition, they have worked with us on co-development projects. Their Diamond level sponsorship at Oracle OpenWorld is another example of their level of continued commitment.”
Troy Richardson, Senior Vice President, Strategic Alliances, Oracle:
“Oracle and Infosys have worked together for over a decade and this has resulted in joint go-to-market synergies across Oracle’s entire portfolio. Infosys’ deep domain expertise and global delivery model can help solve our joint customers’ most complex business problems via its transformation-led consulting approach.”
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We enable clients, in more than 30 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
www.infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with US$8.25 billion in annual revenues and 160,000+ employees, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements regarding our future business expectations intended to qualify for the 'safe harbor' under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended June 30, 2014. These filings are available at
www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. In addition, please note that the date of this press release is mentioned at the beginning of the release, and any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of this date. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.
For further information, please contact: PR_Global@infosys.com