Infosys Strengthens Relationship with Oracle to Deliver Next Wave of Services Innovation
Bangalore & San Francisco, September 30, 2014: Infosys, a global leader in technology, consulting and services, today announced that it is extending its relationship with Oracle to enhance support for a range of innovative solutions and services on new technology platforms. These platforms will enable enterprises to use Oracle products to reshape their business and create new innovation ecosystems.
Chief Executive Officer of Infosys, Dr. Vishal Sikka, made these significant announcements in his keynote address at the Oracle OpenWorld. Infosys will use its Oracle PartnerNetwork Diamond Level Partner status, its global network of Innovation Centers, and its extensive experience of implementing Oracle solutions in more than 30 countries to help their joint clients gain lasting competitive advantage driven by the latest technology advancements.
Infosys and Oracle will expand their relationship across digital marketing, big data and Oracle Cloud Applications, underpinned by investments from Infosys in Oracle technology.
- Infosys has established a Center of Excellence (CoE) for digital marketing exclusively around Oracle Marketing Cloud. The rich and robust product functionality of the Oracle suite combined with Infosys business consulting, systems integration and innovation services can help implement enterprise digital marketing strategies efficiently. These include supporting the marketing process – from campaign conceptualization to measuring return on marketing investments
- Infosys announced it has accelerated campaign launch cycle by 30 percent and increased campaign response rates by five percent for a leading industrial manufacturer using a combination of Infosys consulting and systems integration capabilities and Oracle Marketing Cloud
- Infosys has also implemented Oracle Marketing Cloud to drive automation and increase efficiency across its marketing operations
- Infosys has worked with Oracle to enable the Infosys Big Data platform to unlock the value from clients’ investments in existing Oracle systems such as Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Big Data Appliance, Oracle Exalytics and other data technologies. This now allows customers to extract business insights from very large amounts of both structured and unstructured data in near real-time, providing complete, real-time and end-to-end visibility of data across the entire IT landscape
- The Infosys Big data platform comes with over 50 data source connectors that allow immediate access to structured and unstructured data residing across the enterprise in existing Oracle and other vendor systems
- Infosys has also developed industry-specific solutions for big data in retail, communications, oil and gas, and automotive industries delivering capabilities such as fraud detection and prevention, predictive analytics and monitoring, and customer micro-segmentation that deliver faster returns on investment
Oracle Cloud Applications
- Infosys is increasing its activities around Oracle Cloud Applications. This includes training 1000 consultants every year in each Oracle Cloud Applications pillar, augmenting one of the largest pools of Oracle Cloud Applications’ consultants worldwide
- Infosys is building solutions for Oracle Cloud Marketplace and has more than 30 solutions in the pipeline. The two companies are also co-developing Oracle Fusion applications
- Infosys has utilized multiple Oracle Exadata Database Machines to build CoEs on Oracle- engineered systems
- Infosys and Oracle are building solutions including proof-of-concept solutions for clients. These are demonstrated in the Infosys Innovation Center located at the Oracle headquarters in San Francisco
Java related competencies
- Infosys has deeply invested in Java and built an experienced pool of strong Java/JEE skilled employees spanning across the globe and working on providing solutions to Infosys clients across multiple domain and verticals
- Infosys is a key member of the Oracle PartnerNetwork specializing in Oracle Java Platform. The company is expanding its open ecosystem capabilities around Java and domain-specific languages such as Scala, Groovy, Jython, JRuby and Clojure that are based on Java and Java Virtual Machine
Ravi Kumar, Executive Vice President and Global Head, Oracle Practice, Infosys:
“Infosys has worked with Oracle to create a wide range of service offerings to help our joint clients take advantage of the transformational power of software. Oracle continues to develop their products to help businesses compete and grow. Combining the innovation power of Oracle and the global consulting and systems integration expertise of Infosys will enable organizations to redesign and transform their operations and derive increasing value from existing and emerging technologies.”
Derek Williams, Executive Vice President, Oracle:
“I am pleased to see the continued commitment and investment from Infosys across the Oracle portfolio. Infosys teams with our sales organization to provide differentiated value in our joint sales cycles and implementation services to enable successful customer go lives. In addition, they have worked with us on co-development projects. Their Diamond level sponsorship at Oracle OpenWorld is another example of their level of continued commitment.”
Troy Richardson, Senior Vice President, Strategic Alliances, Oracle:
“Oracle and Infosys have worked together for over a decade and this has resulted in joint go-to-market synergies across Oracle’s entire portfolio. Infosys’ deep domain expertise and global delivery model can help solve our joint customers’ most complex business problems via its transformation-led consulting approach.”
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.