Infy Maker Awards Goes Global With Launch of India Chapter
Commits INR 1 Crore to Encourage the Spirit of Making in India
Mumbai - February 12, 2016: Infosys (NYSE: INFY), a global leader in consulting, technology, outsourcing and next-generation services, today announced the launch of the Infy Maker Awards - India to inspire the creative spirit of ‘making’ in India, encouraging citizens to create. These awards were first launched in the U.S. by the Infosys Foundation USA in September 2015 to support the maker movement.
Sharing the excitement at the launch of these awards in India, Vandana Sikka, Chairperson, Infosys Foundation USA said, "We are thrilled that Infy Makers is going global and will help awaken a spirit of making in India and inspire the next generation of inventors! After all, the future is, and has always been, shaped by those who make."
Following the success of these awards in the U.S., the Infy Maker Awards are going global with their foray into India as part of the Make in India Week organized by the government. Through these awards, Infosys will recognize and reward deserving makers in India whose ideas and solutions have potential to solve real world problems.
- The Infy Maker Awards - India will run annually
- The first cycle of these awards starts on March 1, 2016 will be open to entries from adults (above 18 years)
- Participants can submit entries describing their work in the form of videos that can be uploaded on the Infy Maker Awards – India website between March 1 – April 15, 2016
- A panel of distinguished judges representing technology, academia and the community will evaluate and select the winners whose submissions will be evaluated on relevance to real world problems, innovative uses of technology, originality of ideas and quality of presentations
- Infosys has committed INR 1 Crore as prize money for makers
Speaking on the launch of the Infy Maker Awards - India,
Pravin Rao, Chief Operating Officer, Infosys said, "The principle of 'making' is what follows an idea, and determines what translates into reality. The Infy Maker Awards - India aim at encouraging people to 'make' by recognizing ideas and projects that represent the energy and curiosity to fix or solve the problems of our times. Through these awards, we endeavor to inspire a culture of making in India and motivate people to ideate, create, and promote skill-development around problem solving, critical thinking and innovation. Infosys will help makers pursue their ideas, provide inspiration as well enable an ecosystem of forward-thinking innovation."
For more information on the Infy Maker Awards in India, submission process, and judging criteria, please visit:
Infy Maker Awards USA