News Highlights |
Key Quotes |
- Hannaford Brothers, a leading grocery retailer in the North East USA, was honored with the Gold Award by the Information Integrity Coalition (IIC) for the company's Systems Enhancement for Global Access (SEGA) program. Infosys Technologies was Hannaford's IT services provider for the solution.
- SEGA is Hannaford's vision for around-the-clock global access of its systems and applications which include forecasting and perpetual inventory management solutions. The five-year master data management program created a foundation for improving the company's ability to quickly make category decisions that helped it identify, respond and capture market opportunities.
- The data model was implemented across Hannaford's entire supply chain including merchandizing, retail and distribution systems to provide perpetual inventory management, demand planning and forecasting.
- "Infosys has been our integral partner on this program and have provided end-to-end business and process engineering services including product evaluation and even selection of the platform for the Automated Retail Replenishment solution. This scalable platform will be the foundation for the Delhaize Group U.S. Supply Chain Master Network," says Anant Ahlwalia, vice president of DG US Supply Chain Technology.
- "Infosys realized that effective master data management is foundation for key strategic retail initiatives to succeed, whether they are related to supply chain optimization, micro-merchandizing, price optimization, or seamless customer experience across multiple channels“ said Shveta Arora, global engagement manager, Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods and Logistics at Infosys Technologies. “Through our dedicated Center of Excellence we deliver MDM solutions that help our clients realize quicker benefits from their strategic initiatives such as a 20 percent reduction in time to market or reducing process variants from 18 to 2."
About Hannaford Supermarkets
Hannaford Supermarkets, based in Scarborough, Maine, operates 171 stores and employs more than 27,000 associates in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont. Most Hannaford locations have full-service pharmacies and all stores feature Guiding Stars, the nation's first storewide nutrition navigation system. Hannaford is owned by
Delhaize Group of Brussels, Belgium.
About Infosys Technologies Ltd
Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY) defines, designs and delivers IT-enabled business solutions that help Global 2000 companies win in a Flat World. These solutions focus on providing strategic differentiation and operational superiority to clients. With Infosys, clients are assured of a transparent business partner, world-class processes, speed of execution and the power to stretch their IT budget by leveraging the Global Delivery Model that Infosys pioneered. Infosys has over 109,000 employees in over 50 offices worldwide. Infosys is part of the NASDAQ-100 Index and The Global Dow. For more information, visit
Infosys Safe Harbor
Statements in connection with this release may include forward-looking statements within the meaning of US Securities laws intended to qualify for the "safe harbor" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties including those described in our SEC filings available at
www.sec.gov including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended March 31, 2009, and our other recent filings, and actual results may differ materially from those projected by forward-looking statements. We may make additional written and oral forward-looking statements but do not undertake, and disclaim any obligation, to update them.
About Information Integrity Coalition (IIC)
The Information Integrity Coalition (IIC) is a not-for-profit organization that promotes awareness and understanding of Information Integrity. Information Integrity is the accuracy, consistency and reliability of the information content, and associated processes, systems and environment. Through the Excellence in Information Integrity Awards Program, the Information Integrity Coalition (IIC) seeks to increase awareness of the importance of Information Integrity and draws attention to significant economic benefits of managing and improving Information Integrity.