- Infosys Technologies (NASDAQ: INFY), a Diamond level partner of
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), today announced that it has been positioned by IDC as a Leader among vendors in the recently published "IDC MarketScape: Oracle Implementation Ecosystem 2010 Vendor Analysis" report.
- According to the report: "For the past few years, Infosys has established itself as a formidable force in the Oracle implementation space and backs the implementation and post-implementation services with its Infosys Consulting practice. Infosys has a strong practice across multiple industries including BFSI, high tech, discrete manufacturing, retail, and CPG."
- The report also emphasized: "Infosys' success in the Oracle space, among other investments, is driven by the company's ability to offer platform-based solutions in key vertical and horizontal areas such as Oracle HR, Business Process Testing Automation (BPT) solution"."*
- Infosys provides Oracle consulting services and solutions for all Oracle platforms. Additionally, Infosys recently opened the Infosys-Oracle Innovation Center at Oracle's Redwood Shores headquarters. The center has been established to conceptualize, showcase and demonstrate leading industry solutions for clients.
Diamond distinction recognizes Infosys expertise of Oracle solutions and its ability to consult and deploy Oracle technologies for clients globally.
- A complimentary copy of excerpt of the report is available on the Web at:
Ali Zaidi, Analyst, IDC: "Infosys earned placement among the leaders because of its proven ability to consult, plan, and execute on Oracle solutions for clients across industries. Moreover, Infosys has a strong relationship with Oracle which can help provide valuable insight into what customers need to derive the highest business value out of I.T. investments."
Ravi Kumar S., Vice President and Global Head of Oracle Practice, Infosys Technologies: "Infosys provides clients with extended knowledge, expertise, and commitment to delivering Oracle solutions in every industry. Our relationship with Oracle is unmatched in the industry, sharing and investing in joint research and development, product development, and the Infosys-Oracle Innovation Center. The IDC MarketScape for Oracle Implementation Ecosystem is a strong acknowledgment of Infosys, our alliance with Oracle, and our promise to deliver for clients."
For further information, please contact: PR_Global@infosys.com
*IDC, "IDC MarketScape: Oracle Implementation Ecosystem 2009 Vendor Analysis" by Ali Zaidi and Sebastien Ruest, #225708, November 2010.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
About Infosys Technologies Ltd.
Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY) defines, designs and delivers IT-enabled business solutions that help Global 2000 companies win in a Flat World. These solutions focus on providing strategic differentiation and operational superiority to clients. With Infosys, clients are assured of a transparent business partner, world-class processes, speed of execution and the power to stretch their IT budget by leveraging the Global Delivery Model that Infosys pioneered. As of December 31, 2010, the Infosys group had over 127,000 employees in over 50 offices worldwide. Infosys is part of the NASDAQ-100 Index and The Global Dow. For more information, visit
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Infosys Safe Harbor
Statements in connection with this release may include forward-looking statements within the meaning of US Securities laws intended to qualify for the "safe harbor" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties including those described in our SEC filings available at
including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended March 31, 2010, and our other recent filings, and actual results may differ materially from those projected by forward-looking statements. We may make additional written and oral forward-looking statements but do not undertake, and disclaim any obligation, to update them.