Kamal Osman Jamjoom (KOJ) is one of the most established retail groups in the Middle East region with operations in the six Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, and Oman). The group comprises 12 highly successful and innovative brands in the beauty, fashion and children’s learning and development sectors. In order to sustain its growth and expansion plans, KOJ was in need of a high performance culture with increased visibility for senior management into the performance management process. With support from Infosys, a Diamond-level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), KOJ successfully deployed Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) Cloud in six weeks. As a result of this performance management application, KOJ is now equipped to realize improved process efficiency and tangible cost savings. KOJ can now realize efficient appraisals, a greener carbon footprint, and higher employee engagement and performance clarity.
- Kamal Osman Jamjoom (KOJ) has deployed Oracle Talent Management Cloud, part of
Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) Cloud, to help move from a paper-based performance management process to a fully paperless solution.
- KOJ worked with
Infosys, a Diamond-level
Oracle PartnerNetwork member, to implement Oracle HCM Cloud in just six weeks.
- With Oracle HCM Cloud, KOJ’s automated business process workflows and analytics can now deliver superior insights to senior management and human resources teams.
- KOJ has achieved process clarity and transparency through standardized performance templates using one of the industry’s best talent management processes for performance management.
- Using Oracle HCM Cloud for performance management, KOJ estimates that the overall administrative effort for KOJ’s entire performance appraisal process has been reduced by half. KOJ estimates that the individual employee and manager level effort has also been reduced by 25 percent.
- Using Oracle-certified RapidStart implementation methodology, Infosys was able to help KOJ deploy one unified performance management system in just 32 working days, beginning when the annual appraisal cycle was only six weeks away.
- The system was implemented in English and Arabic for more than 3,500 employees, representing a global mix of 50 nationalities spread across 650 stores for 12 brands, in six GCC countries.
- Infosys was selected as the implementation partner based on its expertise in delivering several successful large scale global HCM transformation projects.
- “We made the decision in early January 2013, started the project on the 27th and it went live on March 12th,” said Richard Winsor, Group Chief Financial Officer, KOJ. “I have a status chart where I can see all of my reports here on a clear dashboard. We already have a 90 percent completion rate of phase one. I can see what’s happening at a store level, something I could not do before.”
- “This implementation has resulted in significant improvements in accessibility and reporting,” said Ian Halliwell, Group Human Resources Director, KOJ. “Particularly in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), where we faced difficulties tracking and collating summaries and documents over such a vast geographical area. However, now we can track and monitor appraisal completion rates in real time.”
- “This is an amazing project – kick off on January 27th and go-live on March 12th – 32 working days with exceptional team work between KOJ, Oracle and Infosys and go-live for performance appraisal is achieved,” said Thameem Rizvon, IT Director, KOJ.
- “KOJ and Infosys demonstrated an outstanding collaborative effort to deploy the solution so rapidly and effectively,” said Gretchen Alarcon, Vice President, Oracle HCM Strategy. “The quick deployment has enabled KOJ to realize measurable benefits in a short period of time.”
- “Retail has been a strategic focus for Infosys in Middle East and KOJ is one of our most valued customers. KOJ had unique requirements with extremely tight timelines. We were able to deliver due to our competitive advantage of being a co-development partner in Oracle Applications Cloud and our experience with multiple Oracle Applications Cloud implementations in the region,” said Upendra Kohli, Vice President, Regional Head –South East Asia, Middle East and Africa, Infosys. “The new performance management system will enable KOJ’s business teams to streamline its human capital management processes and improve productivity and reporting capabilities, as well as employee engagement experience.”
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We enable clients, in more than 30 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
www.infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with US$7.4B n in annual revenues and 158,000+ employees, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise® today.
Infosys Safe Harbor
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended December 31, 2013. These filings are available at
www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.