Finding the Real Problem
We realized that we should first go after the market with the easy wins. So our initial idea was to disrupt the ‘defragmented downstream market’, US$150 billion in size; focusing on real-time needs, small volumes, quick-start dates and less than one week requirements. This would be followed by tackling the ‘streamlined upstream market’, which is over US$200 billion in size and typically occupied by the top 10 players.
To deliver a new, breakthrough experience to our customers, we designed a new engagement model (first-of-its-kind for Infosys Incubation-as-a-Service model) to launch a digital startup in the on-demand staffing industry. We co-created a ‘Just-in-time Recruitment Platform’, a fully automated solution across over seven channels of delivery. Infosys was the sole technology implementation partner for the program and this large digital transformation program was executed rapidly - in under 24 weeks. Today, it runs across seven digital channels run across 250+ screens, two iOS apps, two Android apps, two websites and one operational portal.
- Just-in-time staffing with as short as four-hour notice.
- Improved profile matching and hiring processes assisted with real-time analytics have taken the pain out of urgent, short-term staffing needs.
- Faster and easier onboarding with fully automated documentation.
- Feedback and ratings, from repeat customers, factored.
- Faster payment (< 48 hours) to candidates through digitized operations.
- Personalized experience for both simple and complex orders.
- Fully digitized staffing operations, including electronic contracts resulting in dramatically reduced start of service timelines.