CEO and CFO certification
The Board of Directors
Infosys Limited, Bengaluru
Dear members of the Board,
We, Salil Parekh, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, and M.D. Ranganath, Chief Financial Officer of Infosys Limited, to the best of our knowledge and belief, certify that :
- We have reviewed the Balance Sheet as at March 31, 2018, Statement of Profit and Loss, the Statement of Changes in Equity and the Statement of Cash Flows for the year then ended and a summary of the significant accounting policies and other explanatory information of the Company and the Board’s report for the year ended March 31, 2018.
- These statements do not contain any materially untrue statement or omit to state a material fact necessary to make the statements made, in light of the circumstances under which such statements were made, not misleading with respect to the period covered by this report.
- The financial statements, and other financial information included in this report, present in all material respects a true and fair view of the Company’s affairs, the financial condition, results of operations and cash flows of the Company as at and for the periods presented in this report, and are in compliance with the existing accounting standards and / or applicable laws and regulations.
- There are no transactions entered into by the Company during the year that are fraudulent, illegal or violate the Company’s Code of Conduct and Ethics, except as disclosed to the Company’s auditors and the Company’s audit committee of the Board of Directors.
- We are responsible for establishing and maintaining disclosure controls and procedures and internal controls over financial reporting for the Company, and we have :
- Designed such disclosure controls and procedures or caused such disclosure controls and procedures to be designed under our supervision to ensure that material information relating to the Company, including its consolidated subsidiaries, is made known to us by others within those entities, particularly during the period in which this report is being prepared.
- Designed such internal control over financial reporting, or caused such internal control over financial reporting to be designed under our supervision, to provide reasonable assurance regarding the reliability of financial reporting and the preparation of financial statements for external purposes in accordance with Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS).
- Evaluated the effectiveness of the Company’s disclosure, controls and procedures.
- Disclosed in this report, changes, if any, in the Company’s internal control over financial reporting that occurred during the Company’s most recent fiscal year that has materially affected, or is reasonably likely to materially affect, the Company’s internal control over financial reporting.
- We have disclosed, based on our most recent evaluation of the Company’s internal control over financial reporting, wherever applicable, to the Company’s auditors and the audit committee of the Company’s Board (and persons performing the equivalent functions) :
- Any deficiencies in the design or operation of internal controls, that could adversely affect the Company’s ability to record, process, summarize and report financial data, and have confirmed that there have been no material weaknesses in internal controls over financial reporting including any corrective actions with regard to deficiencies.
- Any significant changes in internal controls during the year covered by this report.
- All significant changes in accounting policies during the year, if any, and the same have been disclosed in the notes to the financial statements.
- Any instances of significant fraud of which we are aware, that involve the Management or other employees who have a significant role in the Company’s internal control system.
- We affirm that we have not denied any personnel, access to the audit committee of the Company (in respect of matters involving alleged misconduct) and we have provided protection to whistleblowers from unfair termination and other unfair or prejudicial employment practices.
- We further declare that all Board members and senior management personnel have affirmed compliance with the Code of Conduct and Ethics for the year covered by this report.
Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director
Chief Financial Officer