#HackWithInfy is a contest for all engineering students across India who are graduating in the year 2021 to inculcate the culture of rapid problem-solving and innovative thinking from early on. It provides the perfect stepping stone for students to explore their passion for programming, and an opportunity to compete and earn a chance to work with Infosys.
If you are excellent at coding, and you envision a future that is equipped with better promises and freedom to solve everyday problems with the help of technology, register for #HackWithInfy and show the world your mettle.
#HackWithInfy comprises three rounds with Round 1 and Round 2 as online tests and a Grand Finale with a 24-hour hackathon at Infosys Pune. Read the terms and conditions below for more details. Come, compete with fellow programmers who share the same passion for programming, technology, and innovation.
Move forward. Take the world with you.
First Runner Up
Second Runner Up
100 finalists from Round 2 will compete in the Grand Finale, at Infosys Pune, and get a pre-placement interview opportunity (PPI) for the Power Programmer role.
Rajesh Ahuja, Vice President and Head – Talent Acquisition, Infosys
Varadharaj V., Vice President – Talent Acquisition, Infosys
An individual applicant or team participating in Infosys Limited’s ("Company") #HackWithInfy ("event") shall be referred to as a "participant or participants". By registering to participate in the event, the participants acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as "#HackWithInfy’s terms and conditions").
1. Each participant shall participate through a single #HackWithInfy account. Please note that the Company in its sole discretion may disqualify any participant who participates or attempts to participate in the event through multiple #HackWithInfy accounts.
2. Registration to #HackWithInfy is open to B.E./B.Tech/M.E./M.Tech students graduating in the year 2021.
3. Participation in the event is free and no registration fees will be charged before or after the event.
4. Registration to #HackWithInfy is open through the following mediums:
5. By applying for registration to #HackWithInfy on InfyTQ, the participant agrees to allow Infosys to retrieve participant’s name, email ID, institute, contact number, city, state, highest qualification, specialization and passing year from the platform and share only participant’s name and email ID with competition platform for registration.
6. Participants who provide incomplete, false, erroneous, fraudulent, forged, and tampered information will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
7. The event will be conducted in three rounds:Round 1 (March 29, 2020 and March 30, 2020) – Online challenge, individual participation Round 2 (postponed until further notice) – Online challenge, individual participation Final round (July 3-6, 2020) – On-campus team formation 24-hour hackathon at Infosys Pune.
The Top 100 participants from Round 2 will compete in the three-day Grand Finale which will be held in July 2020 at Infosys Pune, Plot No. 1, Phase 1, Hinjewadi Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park, Hinjawadi, Pune, Maharashtra - 411057. They will also get an opportunity for a pre-placement interview for the role of Power Programmer.
8. Infosys will sponsor the travel for the participants of the Grand Finale. Infosys will seek information such as gender and meal preference to make travel/flight arrangements. Each Grand Finale participant is advised to bring their own laptop with necessary software for the event.
9. For the online challenge (Round 1 and Round 2), participants must register as individuals and complete the challenge in the stipulated time.
10. Participants must ensure they have access to stable Internet connection during the online challenge rounds.
11. Participants represent and warrant that the assets used or developed during the event do not infringe on the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party, patents, copyrights, or trademarks.
12. The event entries will be judged by a "Judging Panel". The Judging Panel shall select the winning entry/entries for the event within its sole and exclusive discretion. The decision will be communicated to the participants directly.
13. All submissions for Round 1 and Round 2 shall be evaluated by the Judging Panel, wherein the following parameters are evaluated:
14. If and when a participant is declared a winner, the participant must acknowledge and agree, in consideration of entering this event, that (a) he or she will not develop or submit the same or similar entity in any other competition, or similar event organized by any third party, and (b) all intellectual property rights in the entry submitted by the participant shall vest exclusively with the Company.
15. All data sets or platforms made available by the Company to participants during or in connection with the event shall remain the sole and exclusive property of the Company. The data sets and platforms should not be stored, reverse-engineered, copied, deduced, extracted, or replicated in any manner or medium whatsoever by the participants.
16. A participant may be disqualified on grounds that include, but are not limited to, unlawful, obscene or inappropriate actions, fraud, dishonesty, misappropriation or infringement of the intellectual property of others and/or any failure to comply with the #HackWithInfy terms and conditions.
17. The Company shall not be liable for any damages or claims that might arise or occur during or in connection with the event
18. The participant agrees to immediately notify the Company in the event that he/she becomes aware of any unauthorized use of any participant’s identity or any other breach of security related to the event.
19. Participants acknowledge that data transmission over the Internet or any data storage system is not completely secure. The Company does not take responsibility for the security of the content and subsequent use of the content submitted by the participants through the #HackWithInfy account.
20. Participants shall indemnify and hold the Company harmless from and against any third-party claims arising from any act committed by any participant during the event.
21. Participants shall not transfer their rights to access to another person unless they have obtained explicit consent from the Company in writing to do so.
22. Participants agree that any pictures taken within the course of the event may be used by the Company for future promotional, marketing, publicity, and recruitment purposes, and participants waive any claim to remuneration for such use.
23. Subject to the terms and conditions set forth here, the event grants participants a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access the event site and the content therein. Participants agree not to interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the event website in any manner.
24. Participants may not download, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, duplicate, or publish any information present on the event website. Any unauthorized use of the event website or its contents shall lead to termination of the access granted by the Company.
25. The Company reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time on its discretion. Your continued use of the event site after the posting of any amended terms and conditions shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes.
Infosys Limited having its registered office at Electronics City, Hosur Road, Bangalore – 560100, including its subsidiaries, associates and affiliated companies (collectively referred to as “Infosys”) has a requirement to collect and process Personal Information (“PI”) or Sensitive Personal Data or Information (“SPDI”), together “Personal Data”, from you (the “you/your”) in accordance with the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or Information) Rules, 2011 (“Rules”). The term PI as used herein shall mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a Body Corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
For #HackWithInfy event, Infosys will collect participants’ personal data such as:
Your personal data will be used for processing:
Your Personal Information collected by Infosys will be accessible to internal teams, such as Talent Acquisition or administration, and if required to our authorized third party service providers.
Your Personal Information will be stored on servers located in India and on servers of our service provider HackerEarth located in Singapore.
Your data will reside on Infosys servers and on our authorized service provider HackerEarth’s server located in Singapore.
Appropriate measures will be taken to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, unauthorized or accidental loss or destruction of the Personal Data.
Personal Data that is no longer required to be retained as per legal and business requirements will be disposed in a secure manner.
Infosys will consider registration by a student as an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and the Privacy and Data Protection notice.
It is a part online and part offline event. The first two rounds will be conducted online and the Grand Finale will be held at Infosys Pune campus.
#HackWithInfy is a programming competition open for all engineering students across India who are graduating in 2021. B.E./B.Tech/M.E./M.Tech students are eligible to apply.
The competition is open for all colleges/universities/institutes in India. Registration to #HackWithInfy is open through the following mediums:
Participation in #HackWithInfy is absolutely free. Infosys does not charge any fee at any stage of the competition. Your college/university/institute also cannot charge any fee to register students for #HackWithInfy as per our strict guidelines.
#HackWithInfy is a single-participant event in Round 1 and Round 2. In the Grand Finale, you would be required to be a part of a team. The details about forming a team would be communicated to the finalists when they are present at the venue for the Grand Finale.
Evaluation method will be completely at the Company’s discretion. Please read our terms and conditions for complete details.
Online rounds of #HackWithInfy will be conducted on HackerEarth.
Before you start, you need to ensure you have access to a fast, stable Internet connection as well as a stable computer/laptop with power backup.
Yes. You need to be active during the process. Please note that the detailed process guidelines would be shared with you before you start writing the code. Once you agree to the guidelines, you can start the process.
All participants will receive an e-mail communication from Infosys regarding their status or their progress in the hackathon.
After each round, participants who have successfully cleared the round would be informed of the results through email. They will also receive guidelines for the next round.
Shortlisted participants for the pre-placement interviews would receive confirmation emails with all the necessary details.
Yes, if you get shortlisted for the Grand Finale, Infosys will sponsor your travel tickets, accommodation, and food to make it convenient for you to compete in the finale at Infosys Pune campus.
The problems and solutions will not be shared in public. To take up a sample test, click here.