SVP, UTO & Head of Strategic Technology Group
Rafee is a Unit Technology Officer and heads the Strategic Technology Group at Infosys that focuses on building next generation platforms, capabilities and solutions. The Strategic Technology Group comprises of Technology Strategists defining and driving large transformational programs and platforms, Power Programmers who work as full stack developers on complex engineering projects for clients and Expert Trackers who bring in deep technical expertise in emerging technology areas and are involved in building platforms and solution for Infosys.
He has over twenty years of IT experience and the first phase of his career focused on coding and developing products for the Manufacturing and Banking industry. In the second phase, he concentrated on consulting, architecting and delivering transformational solutions for the Retail, Consumer Goods and Logistics industries. Now, in the third phase, he is directed towards building deeper architecture, technology and programming capabilities within Infosys, developing new Go-To Market solutions and building platforms for Infosys and their clients. His current research interests include operating models for sustainability and skills development, published in The Live Enterprise: Create a Continuously Learning and Evolving Organization (McGraw-Hill).
- Live Enterprise: The Operating Model for the Post-COVID World | McGraw Hill | Infosys
Mr. Nandan Nilekani (Infosys Co-founder & Chairman of the Board), Jeff Kavanaugh (VP & Global Head of the Infosys Knowledge Institute) and Rafee Tarafdar (Senior VP & CTO of the Strategic Technology Group at Infosys) talk about the secrets behind creating agile organizations that continuously evolve and learn.
- “The Live Enterprise: Create a Continuously Evolving and Learning Organization,” McGraw-Hill Education, January 2021
- "Infosys Live Enterprise – A Continuously Evolving and Learning Organization,” Infosys Knowledge Institute, July 2019
- “Connecting the dots to create ‘Ideal’ stores”, Infosys, 2018
- “Accelerate your mainframe migration to AWS”, Infosys, 2017
University of Karnataka
Bachelors of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering