Chief Learner and Sharer, Infosys Knowledge Institute
Jeff is a vice president at Infosys and the global head of the Infosys Knowledge Institute, the company’s research and thought leadership arm. He is also a leader in Infosys’ Sustainability practice.
Since joining the firm in 2005, he has been based in Dallas, leading manufacturing consulting practice before establishing the Knowledge Institute. He has worked with dozens of clients across industries on a variety of issues, with emphasis on product innovation and lifecycle management, operating model design, and technology transformation programs.
Jeff has coauthored numerous publications covering sustainability, digital transformation, Industry 4.0, and product lifecycle management. His current research interests include sustainability, adaptive operating models, skills development, and the intersection of business, policy, and citizens in the digital age. He is the co-author of Practical Sustainability: Circular Commerce, Smarter Spaces, and Happier Humans, the #1 best-selling book on how we can solve half of the wicked sustainability challenge in five years, using today’s tech. Jeff also co-authored The Live Enterprise: Create a Continuously Learning and Evolving Organization (McGraw-Hill, 2021), a blueprint for the modern enterprise operating model. He is also the author of the best-selling book Consulting Essentials: The Art & Science of People, Facts, and Frameworks, which provides critical thinking and executive communications skills to students and those in the workforce seeking to upskill and fulfill their potential. His research and perspectives have been published in leading international media, including Harvard Business Review and Forbes.
Jeff is a regular speaker at industry conferences and universities on a range of business and technology trends. He has presented in forums ranging from the United Nations in New York and the World Economic Forum in Davos, to South by Southwest in Austin. He is an adjunct professor at the University of Texas at Dallas, in their Jindal School of Management. Jeff holds a BS in Electrical Engineering from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, as well as an MBA from the University of North Texas. He serves on several academic and industry advisory boards, including the Institute of Business Analytics at Indiana University. He is a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt and a Professional Engineer, and holds a patent on Product Effectiveness (USPTO# 8,799,044).
Jeff Kavanagh, Head of the Infosys knowledge Institute, shares more details on these global megatrends and technologies explained in his new book Practical Sustainability that he co-authored with Corey Glickman, VP Sustainability & Design at Infosys.
- “Practical Sustainability: Circular Commerce, Smarter Spaces, and Happier Humans,” Houndstooth Press, February 2022
- “Break Down Change Management into Small Steps,” Harvard Business Review, May 2021
- “The Live Enterprise: Create a Continuously Evolving and Learning Organization,” McGraw-Hill Education, January 2021
- “How to Develop a Talent Pipeline for Your Digital Transformation,” Harvard Business Review, November 2019
- “CMO and C-Suite: The DNA of Partnership,” Infosys Knowledge Institute, November 2020
- “Infosys Tennis Radar: The Next Big Era,” Infosys Knowledge Institute, September 2020
- "Infosys Live Enterprise – A Continuously Evolving and Learning Organization,” Infosys Knowledge Institute, July 2019
- “Being Resilient: Transformation in The Automotive Industry,” Infosys Knowledge Institute, June 2020
- “Infosys Digital Radar 2020: Breaking through the digital ceiling,” Infosys Knowledge Institute, December 2019
- “Industry of Things World Berlin 2019 - Management Journal,” Infosys Knowledge Institute, December 2019
- “ROLAND-GARROS 2019 Leadership Summit Journal,” Infosys Knowledge Institute, September 2019
- “Infosys Talent Radar 2019: How the Best Companies get the Skills They Need to Thrive in the Digital Era,” Infosys Knowledge Institute, August 2019
- “Attract Talent and Conserve Resources with Smart Spaces,” Infosys Knowledge Institute, August 2019
- “Automotive Aftermarket Transforming Through Connectivity,” Infosys Knowledge Institute, August 2019
University of North Texas
Masters of Business Administration
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering