Processing of Personal Information in Dubai (DIFC)
For the purposes of processing your Personal Information in Dubai, we will follow the Data Privacy Principles and Regulations of the DIFC Data Protection Law and the Data Protection Regulations. Please note that the following provisions will apply to you if you are a Data Subject (resident or citizen) in Dubai, in addition to Infosys Global Privacy Statement.
Cross Border Transfer of Data
In general, Infosys Limited, domiciled in Bangalore, is the data controller processing your Personal Information. We may transfer your personal data outside Dubai to third parties including countries where the data protection legislation may differ from that of Dubai.
As per the obligation called out under the Data Protection law in Dubai, when we transfer your personal information to Infosys group companies and service providers outside Dubai, Infosys as the transferring organization will remain accountable for the protection of your personal information and ensuring compliance with the applicable legislation, using contractual or other means to provide an adequate level of protection while the personal data is being processed by the third party. Additionally, we shall also take all the necessary steps to ensure confidentiality and security of the transferred data.
Data Subject Rights
As a Data Subject located in Dubai, you are entitled to the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the use or disclosure of your personal data.
- The right to access your personal data and receive an electronic copy on request.
- The right to have your personal data rectified unless not it is not feasible to do so on technical grounds.
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data.
- The right to object to processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability of your personal data.
- Your right to not be subject to automated decision-making.
- Your right to restriction of processing where applicable.
If you are a resident of Dubai and you wish to exercise your data subject rights as called out above, please refer to section on exercising ‘Your Rights’ in the Infosys Global Privacy Statement.