Processing of Personal Information in Philippines
For the purposes of processing your Personal Information in Philippines, we will follow the Data Privacy Regulations, including Data Protection Act, 2012. Please note that the following provisions will apply to you if you are a Data Subject (resident or citizen) in Philippines, in addition to Infosys Global Privacy Statement.
Cross Border Transfer of Data
In general, Infosys Limited, domiciled in Bangalore, is the data controller processing your Personal Information. We may transfer your personal data outside Philippines to third parties including countries where the data protection legislation may differ from that of Philippines.
As per the obligation called out under the Data Protection law in Philippines, when we transfer your personal information to Infosys group companies and service providers outside Philippines, Infosys as the transferring organization will remain accountable for the protection of your personal information and ensuring compliance with the applicable legislation, using contractual or other means to provide a comparable level of protection while the personal data is being processed by the third party. Additionally, we shall also take all the necessary steps to ensure confidentiality and security of the transferred data.
Your Data Subject Rights in Philippines
As a Data Subject located in Philippines, you are entitled to the following rights:
- The right to be informed when your personal data is being processed.
- The right to reasonably access matters relating to the processing of your personal data such as, among others, the identity of the Personal Information Controllers (“Data Controllers”) or Personal Information Processors (PIPs) that will be given access to your personal data.
- The right to rectification or the right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in your personal data and have the Data Controllers correct it within a reasonable period of time.
- The right to suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of your personal data from the Data Controllers filing system.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data, including processing for direct marketing, automated processing, or profiling.
- The right to obtain from the Data Controllers a copy of your personal data in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows for further use.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision making.
- The right to be indemnified for damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of personal data. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission.
If you are a resident of Philippines and you wish to exercise your data subject rights as called out above, please refer to section on exercising ‘Your Rights’ in the Infosys Global Privacy Statement.