Infosys Foundation Contributes INR 2.2 Crore to Build Amenities for 5 Schools in Rural Karnataka
Infosys Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Infosys, has contributed INR 2.2 Crore towards building necessary amenities under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan for five schools in the Mulbagal Taluk of Kolar District in Karnataka.
As part of this initiative, the Infosys Foundation has aided the construction of:
- Toilet block, compound wall and water purifier plant at the Government Higher Primary School, Vaddahalli
- Toilet block, bore well and water purifier plant at the Government Higher Primary School, N. Chowdenahalli
- Toilet block, bore well and water purifier plant at the Government High School, Vaddahalli
- Class room building, toilet block, compound wall, bore well and water purifier plant at the Sri Subhaschandra Bose Rural Kannada School, N. Yeluvalli
- Toilet block, bore well and water purifier plant at the Government Higher Primary School, Thippadoddi
Infosys Foundation has been involved in rural development by supporting and aiding numerous projects to accelerate change in society. The Foundation has previously sponsored the construction of a building at the New English Medium School in Honnavar, supported infrastructure development in Mudipu by building roads, aided a project for Yojak Centre for Research and Strategic Planning for Sustainable Development to ensure water availability and protective irrigation for farmers. The Foundation has also established 60,000 libraries and has donated more than 1.2 crore books to school libraries across rural India.
Established in 1996, Infosys Foundation supports several programs aimed at promoting education, assisting rural development, alleviating hunger, improving health, supporting arts and helping the destitute.