Infosys Focused on Women Safety, Health and Welfare this International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day celebrated on March 8 every year marks the essence of women who have prevailed over adversities and achieved success in every sphere. To acknowledge the contribution of women Infoscions, the company celebrated International Women’s Day with zeal and enthusiasm across all its Development Centers (DCs) in India. As part of these celebrations, the Infosys IWIN team (Infosys Women's Inclusivity Network) adopted the UN theme for 2018 “#PressforProgress” and thoughtfully planned multiple activities focusing on education, fitness, creative expression, empowerment and entertainment.
Women safety, health and welfare were primary focus area across Hyderabad, Pune, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Mangalore and Bhubaneshwar DCs. International Women’s Day celebration continued for over a week with great fervor in most DCs.
The following activities were conducted across DCs.
- ‘Breast Cancer Awareness Session & Check-Up Camp’: The awareness program was conducted by Mr. Laleh Busheri, CEO, Orchid Breast Cancer Hospital.
- Women’s Health II: An interactive session with leading Gynecologists’ on Menopause and Dysmenorrhea as well as Fertility.
- Women in Management: An experiential learning workshop for all women employees.
- Save the Girl Child: A special session on ‘Save the Girl Child’ by Dr. Ganesh Rakh, Founder of ‘SAVE THE GIRL CHILD’ movement.
- Hackathon: An exclusive hackathon for women was planned to celebrate and promote women developers across the campus.
- Financial Awareness: A session specially designed for women professional aimed at empowering them in financial matters.
- InfyRun: A 5 KM marathon to demonstrate women empowerment and equality.
- A session on women empowerment and women rights by Mrs. Asha Kaushik, President of RUWA
- Launched Happy Feet: A walking group that will encourage women Infoscions to walk for 15 minutes during week days.
- Striking the right balance: A workshop on how to holistically manage time in order to achieve greater satisfaction in an individual’s personal and professional life.
- SPECTRUM – Sonnets in Colors: The first edition of Prakriti Park’s art exhibition.
- Session on “Good Touch, Bad Touch: Infoscions conducted session on “Good Touch, Bad Touch” for girls aged 11 to 14 in one or Two schools in the vicinity of Prakriti Park.
- Tech Exhibition – She Speaks Technology: Women Infoscions were invited to submit and present innovative ideas that enabled them to promote Zero Distance.
- Session on Safety: Infoscions will also be addressed by Shri Mahesh Bhagwat, Police Commissioner, Rachakonda on Margadarshak & Safety of Women on March 20, 2018.
- Money Plant – A session with the goal to educate women Infoscions about personal financial management will be held on March 22, 2018.
- Awareness program for Breast Cancer & Cervical Cancer: An awareness program focusing on women’s health which included self-diagnosis and other life hacks that can help women detect and prevent these life threatening diseases.
- Hobby Workshop: DIY workshops exclusively for women focusing on creating something out of waste. Focusing mainly on recycle, reusing etc.
- The other activities included Zumba session, cricket match and quiz.
- All Women Cricket Premier League and ‘Back to school’ games: Women only cricket match was organized for Infoscions along with some fun games.
- There was a DC level group discussion on Women Empowerment.
- A kiosk for photography for Women’s Day branding.
Infosys values diversity and inclusion, and is committed to the principles of equal employment and opportunity. Infosys Women's Inclusivity Network (IWIN) aims to cater to the needs of its female workforce, facilitating greater flexibility, exclusive training, mentoring, and experience sharing programs for female Infoscions.