Processing of Personal Information in Canada
For the purpose of processing your Personal Information in Canada (applicable to data subjects residing in Canada), we will follow the Data Privacy Principles and regulations of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, 2000 (commonly known as PIPEDA). Please note that the following provisions will apply to you if you are a Data Subject (resident or citizen) in Canada, in addition to Infosys Global Privacy Statement.
Cross Border transfer of Personal Information:
In general, Infosys Limited, domiciled in Bangalore, is the data controller processing your Personal Information. Under PIPEDA, there is no distinction between domestic and international transfers of data. Infosys as the transferring organization will remain accountable for the protection of that personal information and ensuring compliance with the applicable legislation, using contractual or other means to provide a comparable level of protection while the information is being processed by the third party.
Your Data Subject Rights in Canada
As a Data Subject located in Canada, you are entitled to the following rights:
- The right to access the personal information that we collect about you.
- The right to know about the purposes for which your personal information is collected by us.
- The right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal data to be accurate, complete, up-to date and relevant to the purpose for which it is collected.
- The right to request that your personal information collected be amended, where applicable.
- The right to have your personal information that is no longer required be deleted or made anonymous.
- The right to receive send your personal information to any other organization.
- The right to lodge a complaint regarding the manner in which your personal information is being processed.
If you are a Canadian resident and you wish to can exercise your data subject rights as called out above, please refer to section on exercising ‘Your Rights’ in the Infosys Global Privacy Statement.