Commodity Trading and Risk Management
Your enterprise requires near real-time visibility across the supply chain to trade in agricultural commodities. You should manage short-term price volatility, calibrate supply with demand, and mitigate risks in commodity trading.
The Infosys Agriculture practice offers commodity trading and risk management solutions to manage inventory and financial positions across commodities, markets and currencies. We help agribusiness enterprises, procurement agencies, and commodity traders / brokers better manage their portfolio and take informed decisions. Our solutions span the trading landscape, support front, mid and back office, and comply with accounting standards as well as taxation laws.
Our team of data scientists and certified operations specialists integrate real-time data from the field and warehouse to accurately determine costs based on the quality of produce, storage period and logistics expenditure. Analytical models use forecasts of market demand and supply, operating margins and aggregated risk profile for pricing of forward contracts. Real-time insights into positions and exposure shape hedging strategies, and enable statutory compliance in trading of agricultural commodities.
- Infosys Risk Center of Excellence (CoE) combines domain and technology competency to manage enterprise risk
- Agriculture ‘market connect’ capability refines procurement strategies and enhances the efficiency of field staff
- Trade finance platform provides a centralized view of enterprise risks, including market, credit, operational, and liquidity risk
- Data aggregator integrates data across regions, legal entities, commodities, and exchanges
- Robotic process automation eliminates manual rules-based processes across trading and settlement