Your farm can maximize food production by implementing precision farming practices. Your enterprise needs to harness data for informed decisions across the crop lifecycle based on soil nutrients, weather patterns and pest infestation, among other moving parts of cultivation.
The Infosys Agriculture practice offers precision farming solutions for site-specific crop management. We integrate real-time data from sensors, farm equipment, weather stations, and GPS receivers with historical farm performance records. It enables accurate analysis of field-specific variables such as soil moisture, nutrient levels, drainage, and crop yield. It supports strategic decisions – from investment in farmland and crop rotation to soil repair and surface water management.
Our precision farming techniques identify risks such as water logging, soil erosion and salinity. Our experts mitigate risks by breaking down large fields into small zones based on distinctive factors to implement targeted crop management programs. Granular insights enable adoption of sustainable farming practices to improve crop yield and quality while rationalizing resources.
Infosys Precision Crop Management Testbed improves crop yield and farm productivity via Internet of Things (IoT) and analysis of near real-time field data.
- Precision mapping maximizes agriculture resource utilization through zoning based on soil characteristics (moisture, nutrients levels and texture), field condition, weed growth, and crop condition (maturity and yield)
- Digital ecosystem ensures accurate measurement of crop yield and field condition by supporting grain moisture sensors, yield monitors, satellite imagery, and grain flow sensors
- Global Positioning System (GPS) provides geo-referenced context for the field, soil and crop, and tracks farm machinery for real-time monitoring and crop management
- Variable Rate Technology (VRT) solutions optimize the use of seeds and crop protection products by integrating farm equipment, such as seeders, sprayers, spreaders, and planters, with precision maps for dispensing accurate product volume across zones
- Automated analysis of nutrients, pests, weeds, and crop development based on data from remote sensors and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) helps disease management and optimizes planting as well as harvesting