Infosys and HFS Research collaborate for Energy Transition 2023 Report
Infosys collaborated with HFS Research to assess the ground realities of energy transition and its progress globally. The Infosys-HFS Research Energy Transition 2023 report reveals that shifts in climate, regulation and sustainability are nudging global enterprises to accelerate decarbonization and Net Zero journeys.
Infosys and HFS Research surveyed 313 energy transition leaders (five levels from C-level to director) of enterprises across industries, grossing US$ 500M - 50B+ revenue, in 19 countries across 6 continents.
The HFS Research-Infosys Energy Transition survey shares insights into sustainability priorities, regulatory alignment, and the business case across industries. The report serves as a reference guide for enterprises to benchmark sustainability metrics and carbon footprint in their energy transition journeys.
- Enterprises are prioritizing performance, efficiency and environmental impact in their energy transition programs
- 73% of enterprises see energy transition as a top 3 organizational priority. Enterprises perceive energy transition to have a positive business effect.
- IoT technology tops IT spending followed by cloud, across industries.
- Over the next two years, demand for sustainability services is estimated to grow by 240% and register US$ 200B.
- 82% of the largest $50B+ companies expect an increase in energy transition spending. Improving performance, efficiency, environmental impact, industry dynamics, and Covid-19 are driving technology investments.
- SASB, GRI, and Dow Jones are global industry standards being adopted.