Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2016
Location: Gansevoort Park Avenue Hotel, 420 Park Avenue South, New York, NY, 10016, USA
Business process management (BPM) solutions have traditionally enabled enterprises to ensure that their core business processes are integrated, automated, transparent, efficient, and deliver measurable business value. In an inherently digital ecosystem, companies are challenged to invest more and deliver best-in-class experiences to their customers across channels with new state-of-the-art technology solutions. They also work aggressively to renew their operations to bring in efficiencies and stay competitive in their business. BPM technologies have evolved with next generation, intelligent, digital platforms that enable this enterprise level change for both dimensions — experience and efficiency.
The BPM technology, today, commands this unique capability of enhancing experience and improving efficiency. And we, at Infosys, believe that success in this fast-paced transformation journey requires multi-dimensional strategies such as the following:
- Striving for digital experience innovation: By using Design Thinking, enterprises can reimagine engaging user experiences and combine with simplified agile business process
- Automating back office / business process outsourcing (BPO): Renewing and harmonizing back office processes for optimal efficiency
- Wrapping legacy platform silos to renew the core: Extract business process from legacy platforms to make them agile and responsive
- Using robotics to drive productivity: Automate and integrate multiple form systems and human activities to enable straight through and touchless business processes and codeless integration
This exclusive discussion and private dinner event is being organized with analysts, BPM subject matter experts and executive leadership from Infosys, Forrester and Pegasystems, together with senior guests across industries. The discussion will focus on the power of next-gen BPM to build great digital businesses. In the discussion, the audience will:
- Adopt BPM as a unified digital enable
- Leverage robotic process automation (RPA) for straight through, touch-less business processes
- Wrap and renew your core legacy platforms to make them agile and digital-ready
- Interactive round table with Forrester analysts and industry IT leaders
- Peer-to-peer networking
- Utilize real business cases and expert interactions to build your own business roadmap
- 5:30 p.m. to 5:50 p.m. – Registration and drinks reception
- 5:50 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Welcome introduction
- 6:00 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. – Transform, automate and disrupt leveraging BPM technology
- 6:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Unified digital enablement with BPM
- 6:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. – Leveraging next gen BPM
- 6:45 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Unlocking process efficiencies
- 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Dinner
- 7:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Panel Discussion: Imperatives for delivering engagement with efficiency
- 8:00 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. – Q&A
- 8:15 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. – Closing remarks and networking
Gopi KK, Sr. Vice President, Head Integration and BPM Services, Execution Lead: Strategic Initiative-Zero Distance, Infosys
Gopi heads the Enterprise Application Integration and Services (EAIS) line at Infosys. As head of the EAIS service line, Gopi is responsible for the overall management, business growth, scalable competency development, and reliable delivery for many large clients of Infosys. Under his leadership, the EAIS group has grown significantly with an expanding market presence in global sales and delivery, ensuring that best practices are leveraged across industries and regions. He currently heads the development center at Mangalore, and he is also overseeing the execution of 'zero-distance' – a strategic and cultural movement in the organization, aimed at bringing innovation into every project.
Gopi has been with Infosys for over 21 years, having held a variety of roles across the globe which include practice management, delivery management, client services, and development center management. Gopi has a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Electronics and Communication Engineering from NITTE.
Rob Koplowitz, Vice President and Principal Analyst, Forrester
Rob returns to Forrester after leading IBM’s strategy for integrating Watson into the company’s collaboration services. Rob’s research focuses on business process management as well as artificial intelligence and cognitive computing. Rob brings many years of experience in enterprise software consulting, product marketing, product management, and strategy. Prior to IBM, he was a vice president, principal analyst with Forrester where he was a leader in collaboration and enterprise social research. Before that, he was a director of product management with Microsoft, where he played a strategic role with Duet, a joint initiative brought to market with SAP. Prior to Microsoft, Rob was a senior director of product marketing with Oracle, where he focused on Oracle’s content, collaboration, portal, and business intelligence offerings. He also spent 15 years in consulting working for Lotus/IBM and other global software services firms with a focus on corporate collaboration. Rob holds a B.A. in economics from the University of California, Davis
Dr. Setrag Khoshafian, Chief Evangelist and Vice President of BPM Technology, Pegasystems
Setrag is one of the industry´s pioneers and recognized experts in Digital Enterprises, especially intelligent BPM. He has been a senior executive in the software industry for the past 25 years, where he has invented, architected, and steered the production of several enterprise software products and solutions. Currently, he is Pega’s Chief Evangelist and strategic BPM technology thought leader involved in numerous technology, thought leadership, marketing, alliance, and customer initiatives. The majority of his time is spent with Fortune 500 companies, specifically on their transformational journeys leveraging digital technologies (especially process digitization). Dr. Khoshafian holds a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He also holds an MSc in Mathematics.
Kimberly A. Tableman, Director, Core Process and Technology, Pfizer
Kimberly A. Tableman is the Director of Core Process and Technology. In this capacity, Kimberly has responsibility for the strategic direction, operational efficiency, resource management and customer relationship management for the Clinical Development Quality organization and the systems that support proactive risk management, Quality Event management, Protocol Deviations, and Inspection Readiness. Most recently, Kimberly put together a comprehensive vision and roadmap for the Quality space. She is also responsible for developing an Analytics Strategy spanning Development Operations.
Kimberly's background includes consulting and implementing Information Technology solutions across healthcare, insurance, government, and telecommunication organizations. The projects ranged from Customer Relationship Management systems to leading edge collaborations between the State of Hawaii and the State of Arizona in a Medicaid Claims Engine implementation.
Kimberly has spoken at many industry events, and written a number of white papers related to understanding and aligning business strategy to Information Technology enablement. Kimberly also recently graduated from Columbia University with a degree in Information and Knowledge Strategies and is the Director of Programs for the Society of Information Management Central Connecticut Chapter.