Event Details | Event Overview | Session Details
Date: January 13-16, 2010
Venue: Infosys Campus, Hebbal Electronics City, Hootagalli, Mysore, Karnataka, India
This Mysore-Park Series workshop assembles technologists, with different areas of focus, to create a conducive environment for innovation through inter-disciplinary interactions.
The event aims to debate technology research-related issues, thereby growing the research community, while creating an India-centric platform for socializing research.
Date: January 13-16, 2010
Topic: What Is Cloud Computing?
Speakers: Raghu Ramakrishnan, Chief Scientist for Audience and Cloud Computing, Yahoo Research, USA
Jim Larus, Director, Cloud Computing Futures, Microsoft Research, Redmond, USA
- Raghu discusses 'Data Management Challenges in the Cloud'
- Jim talks about 'Programming Clouds'
Topic: Distributed Computing
Speakers: Ken Birman, Professor, Computer Science, Cornell University, USA
Peter Druschel, Scientific Director, Max Planck Institute for Software Systems, Germany
Mike Isard, Principal Researcher, Microsoft Research, Silicon Valley, USA
- Ken talks about 'Reintroducing Consistency: Challenges in Cloud Settings'
- Peter's topic is 'Accountability in Distributed Systems'
- Mike talks about 'Distributed Computing Using Dryad'
Speakers: T. V. Lakshman, Research Director, Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Murray Hill, USA
Alex Snoeren, Associate Professor, Computer Science and Engineering, University of California, San Diego, USA
Shivkumar Kalyanaraman, Senior Manager, Next Gen Systems & Smarter Planet Solutions, IBM Research, Bangalore, India
- Lakshman speaks about 'VPN Extensions for Cloud Services'
- Alex talks about 'Resource Management in the Cloud'
- Shivkumar talks about 'The Future of Software Radio: Wireless Network Cloud'
Speakers: S. Keshav, Professor, Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Canada
Prashant Shenoy, Professor, Computer Science, Vice President & Chief Scientist, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA
Harrick Vin, TRDDC, India
- Keshav's topic is 'Virtualization: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly'
- Prashant talks about 'Elastic Provisioning in Virtualized Cloud Platforms'
- Harrick speaks on 'Deriving an Enterprise-wide Server Virtualization Strategy: Challenges and Opportunities'
Topic: Programming Models I
Speakers: William Cook, Assistant Professor, Computer Science, UT Austin, USA
Gautam Shroff, Vice President, TCS, India
- William speaks on 'Structuring the Cloud with Orc'
- Gautam talks about 'Dev 2.0: Model Driven Development in the Cloud'
Speakers: Paul Anderson, Principal Computing Officer, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh, U.K.
Radu Calinescu, Lecturer, Computer Science, Oxford University, U.K.
Shriram Krishnamurthy, Associate Professor, Computer Science, Brown University, USA
- Paul's topic is 'Configuring the Cloud: Inside and Out'
- Radu talks about 'Formal Methods for Management of the Cloud'
- Shriram speaks on 'Finding the Dark Cloud: Static Analysis of Cloud Configurations'
Topic: Programming Models II
Speakers: Yuan Yu, Principal Researcher, Microsoft Research, Silicon Valley, USA
Ranjit Jhala, Associate Professor, Computer Science, University of California, San Diego, USA
- Yuan speaks on 'The DryadLINQ Approach to Distributed Data Parallel Computing'
- Ranjit talks about 'Finding Liveness Bugs in Distributed Systems'
Topic: Customer Perspectives
Speakers: Raghavan Subramanian, Associate Vice President, Cloud Computing COE, Infosys Technologies, India
Jakob Rehof, Head, Fraunhofer Institute, Germany
- Raghavan talks about 'Cloud Computing - An Enterprise Perspective'
- Jakob shares his expertise on 'Cloud Computing Applications for Logistics'
Topic: Wrap-up Discussion
Share your feedback and recommendations with the experts.