Event Details | Event Overview | Session Details | Speaker Profile
Date: April 26-29, 2011
Venue: The Palace Hotel, San Francisco, California, USA
Infosys is a Gold Sponsor and an Exhibitor at the MarkLogic User Conference. The three-day event will comprise knowledge sharing sessions as well as provide networking opportunities. Participants will receive practical, hands-on learning, discover new and upcoming features, and hear about results and benefits from other users. The event is organized into general and breakout sessions with multiple tracks focusing on the following areas:
- Customer Solutions
- MarkLogic Technology
- Business best practices in Media, Government and Financial services
- Enterprise and Partner solutions
Topic: Juxtaposing Traditional and Social Content
Date: April 28, 2011
Time: 10:30-11:30, PST
Speaker: Kiran Karadi, Principal Strategist, iEngage, Infosys Technologies
If they are to ride the Social Web wave, publishers’ core IT systems should expand to include:
- Social content such as blogs, micro-blogs, comments on articles, discussion forums and polls.
- Building communities, mini social networks, geo-location, activity streams, etc.
An integrated platform should:
- Elevate social content to first class citizenship in the realm of content management and editorial functionality — search, categorization, taxonomy, semantics. In effect, social content should be included in relevance ranking, added as part of news feeds, include context sensitivity such as geo-location features, related content features, etc.
- Put relevant content, both traditional and social, at the fingertips of like-minded communities, and thus build professional networks centered around content.
The iEngage and MarkLogic integration is a research/ pilot effort to build a platform, which will provide a Software as a Service (SaaS)-based environment for content publishers to create social webs, and create value-added offerings by integrating traditional and social content. The platform will enable publishers to switch from "content we provide" to "content the community wants".
Kiran Karadi leads the Social Media solution strategy definition and sales support for the iEngage platform. This includes Social Analytics, Social Commerce, Employee Engagement, and Social CRM initiatives. With over 14 years of experience, Kiran has consulted for 14 clients across six industries. He is a certified Enterprise Content Management (ECM) practitioner and a member of the Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM).