PTC is a global software company that delivers an industrial innovation platform and field-proven solutions and services to help companies design, manufacture, operate, and service things for a smart, connected world. Since 1985, PTC has been enabling customers to stay one step ahead of the competition by combining our strategic vision with leading, field proven technology. PTC technology helps companies to quickly unlock the value now being created at the convergence of the physical and digital worlds through the IoT, AR, 3D Printing, Digital Twin, and Industrie 4.0.
PTC is a strategic and global partner for Infosys with offerings in Internet-of-Things (IoT), Industrial IoT (IIoT), Industrie 4.0, product lifecycle management (PLM), service lifecycle management (SLM), and application lifecycle management (ALM). With proven expertise in these areas, PTC enriches Infosys offerings through differentiated industry solutions. Through this alliance, Infosys jointly connects and collaborates with customers to deliver best-in-class digital transformation capabilities that leverage the power of PTC products.
Infosys-PTC product portfolio: Infosys has established a PTC product portfolio that receives active investments from PTC, showcasing the strategic and partner-centric nature of this alliance. This large portfolio has over a hundred IoT consultants trained on ThingWorx, Windchill 11, FlexPLM, and other PTC solutions as well as solution architects, project managers, and developers. In the spirit of true innovation and learning, we have also established joint leadership in IoT/IIoT across various forums including the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) and acatech.
Infosys-PTC Center of Excellence: The Infosys-PTC Center of Excellence (CoE) is based in Mysore, India, with a strong focus on training along with use case and joint solution development using PTC-based technologies. The CoE leverages Infosys capabilities and best practices to create solution accelerators, reusable assets and high-quality frameworks. We leverage these across joint engagements to help clients achieve delivery excellence, shorter sales cycles and continuous improvement.
- Numerous joint solutions across industries with joint demand generation and go-to-market
- 3 IIC-approved joint solutions in IoT
- 2 Infosys solutions – Asset Efficiency and Connected Care – on ThingWorx Marketplace
- Data migration framework, developed by Infosys, that leverages Pentaho along with PTC’s Windchill Bulk Migrator
“PTC and Infosys have been strategic partners for the past decade, with our renewed partnership commitment around Digital Transformation & Industrial IoT, this Alliance has emerged as a force multiplier. Globally clients will gain from Infosys’ maturity on PTC’s ThingWorx platform and benefit from IoT solutions at reduced TCO and scalability”
Ravi Asrani, VP Global System Integrators, PTC
The Infosys-PTC global alliance ranges across geographies such as the Americas and EU as well as multiple verticals including manufacturing, retail/CPG, F&B, chemical, and oil and gas.
Manufacturer boosts productivity with IoT-driven performance monitoring
Business challenges: A Fortune 50 snack manufacturer with global operations wanted to minimize waste, improve reliability, reduce labor cost, and enable faster decision-making across their snack manufacturing production line.
Infosys solution: Infosys implemented ThingWorx, a cutting-edge IoT solution platform from PTC that offers real-time performance management across the production line. Key solution highlights:
- Enabled real-time capture and reporting of key performance indicators by integrating packaging equipment with ThingWorx MicroEdge Server, GE Proficy and Wonderware
- Created a single dashboard by integrating various systems including planning, waste tracking and MES
- Promoted real-time information display on platforms such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and PCs
- Improved asset maintenance by linking an intelligent troubleshooting guide that learns from previous asset failure
Business value: Implementing ThingWorx along with Infosys accelerators has helped the client:
- Save costs by reducing asset downtime and improving equipment reliability Leverage automation to reduce labor and cost arising from overtime
- Reduce finished product waste by improving efficiency
- Improve shop floor decision-making by floor operators and leadership
- Gain instant real-time insights into production key metrics
- Use standardized best practices and reporting