Since 1985, PTC has been enabling customers to stay one step ahead of the competition by combining their strategic vision with leading, field-proven technology. PTC technology helps companies to quickly unlock business value from a convergence of the physical and digital worlds through Internet of Things (IoT), augmented reality (AR), 3D printing, digital twin, and Industrie 4.0. With PTC, global manufacturers along with an ecosystem of partners and developers can capitalize on the physical / digital convergence today and drive the future with innovation.
The Infosys and PTC partnership is over a decade long and we — Infosys — are a Global Platinum Services Partner since 2014. This entails that PTC is a global strategic partner of Infosys and a key partner in Infosys leadership decisions across IoT, Industrial IoT, Industrie 4.0, product lifecycle management (PLM), application lifecycle management (ALM), service lifecycle management (SLM), computer-aided design (CAD), augmented reality (AR), and related areas.
Our partnership vision is to collaborate with customers to realize their vision and value across focus areas by delivering differentiated digital transformation capabilities and industry solutions. We possess strong capabilities across the PTC product portfolio; including IoT, PLM, AR, and CAD. We have also collaborated with PTC on joint solutions across multiple industry verticals with joint demand generation and go-to-market efforts. Our success stories span multiple regions and verticals, including manufacturing, retail / consumer packaged goods (CPG), food and beverages (F&B), chemicals, and oil and gas — one example being a successful implementation of real-time factory performance monitoring.
Manufacturer boosts productivity with IoT-driven performance monitoring
Business challenges: A Fortune 500 snack manufacturer with global operations wanted to minimize waste, improve reliability, reduce labor cost, and enable faster decision-making across their snack manufacturing production line.
Infosys solution: Infosys implemented ThingWorx, a cutting-edge IoT solution platform from PTC that offers real-time performance management across the production line. Key solution highlights:
- Enabled real-time capture and reporting of key performance indicators by integrating packaging equipment with ThingWorx MicroEdge Server, GE Proficy and Wonderware
- Created a single dashboard by integrating various systems including planning, waste tracking and MES
- Promoted real-time information display on platforms such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and PCs
- Improved asset maintenance by linking an intelligent troubleshooting guide that learns from previous asset failure
Business value: Implementing ThingWorx along with Infosys accelerators has helped the client:
- Save costs by reducing asset downtime and improving equipment reliability Leverage automation to reduce labor and cost arising from overtime
- Reduce finished product waste by improving efficiency
- Improve shop floor decision-making by floor operators and leadership
- Gain instant real-time insights into production key metrics
- Use standardized best practices and reporting
Infosys-PTC product portfolio: Infosys has established a PTC product portfolio that receives active investments from PTC, showcasing the strategic and partner-centric nature of this alliance. This large portfolio has over a hundred IoT consultants trained on ThingWorx, Windchill 11, FlexPLM, and other PTC solutions as well as solution architects, project managers, and developers. In the spirit of true innovation and learning, we have also established joint leadership in IoT/IIoT across various forums including the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) and acatech.
Infosys-PTC Centers of Excellence: The Infosys-PTC Centers of Excellence (CoE) are based in Mysore, India, and Bangalore, India, with a strong focus on training along with use case and joint solution development using PTC-based technologies. The CoEs leverage Infosys capabilities and best practices to create solution accelerators, reusable assets and high-quality frameworks. We leverage these across joint engagements to help clients achieve delivery excellence, shorter sales cycles and continuous improvement.
Learn more about our PTC Industrial IoT Center of Excellence at Infosys Bangalore launched in January/February 2018.
Infosys has three solutions listed on the on PTC ThingWorx Marketplace, also listed on the Industrial Internet Consortium website:
- Asset Efficiency - Asset Efficiency solution analyzes real-time and historical data across key health parameters and predicts the serviceable life of assets in order to decrease downtime and increase the asset utilization. The main goal is to collect asset information more efficiently and accurately, in real-time, and also enable usage of analytics to help companies make the right decisions. The solution brings in a holistic approach to monitor, control, and optimize the assets across all tenants of efficiencies that includes operational, energy, maintenance, information, and service. Also see: Asset Efficiency on the Industrial Internet Consortium website.
- Smart Energy Management – The Smart Energy Management Testbed plans to instrument various commercial buildings and equipment to measure the electricity and provide tools to monitor, visualize, analyze and optimize energy consumption within the organization. It will also provide various IT tools such as alarms, notifications, workflows, a ticketing system and augmented reality to improve the operations. Also see: Smart Energy Management on the Industrial Internet Consortium website.
- Connected Care – This testbed is focused on creating an open IoT health care ecosystem for remote/home monitoring of patients, giving them the option of living at home with the added security of remote management of their chronic conditions. This will create a cost effective solution for patients and their families, and provides caregivers the opportunity to provide continuous care beyond the walls of their office or facilities. Also see: Connected Care on the Industrial Internet Consortium website.