Event Details |
Event Overview |
Date: February 29, 2012
Time: 08:30-17:00 CST
Venue: Computer History Museum, Mountain View, California, USA
The Global High Tech Summit, in its sixth year, is Microsoft's premier event for business and IT executives from the High-Tech industry. Leaders from every segment of the ecosystem come together to speak about the sustained business value realized from innovative IT and business solutions.
The theme for the 2012 summit is "Leading in the New Normal." The new normal is a journey, not a destination, continuously shaped by evolving business and technology trends. Currently, rapid advancement in technologies that we use at home is influencing our expectations for work technology. This 'consumerization' of IT is merging with social, business and global workforce demographic trends to create substantial disruption to and opportunity for enterprises. For enterprises to be successful, it is imperative to embrace the new normal where:
- Organizations and teams leverage new communication and collaboration models to transfer knowledge, create coherent identities and execute shared missions
- Digitally augmented social connections, converging business/ consumer devices and applications intermingle personal and work identities, fragment attention and communications, and complicate privacy and security issues
- Always-on broadband, Cloud services and cross-device interactivity offer rich mobile experiences, while further blurring the line between work/ life and complicating the role of IT governance
- Advanced visualization and simulation tools coupled with natural interface controls enhances our comprehension of complex information and improves the speed of decision making
- Cross-boundary innovation activities surge to capture the opportunities offered by the burgeoning consumption and talent markets, making highly diverse, networked, and distributed teams and operations a way of life
Infosys, a Silver Sponsor of the summit, showcases products and services that help executives from the High- Tech industry lead in the new normal.
The event features Microsoft introductory sessions with various keynote speakers, MS presentations, roundtable discussions, and a Microsoft "Hands-On" Experience Center.
Panel Discussion followed by Cocktails and Dinner
Topic of Discussion: Addressing the Consumerization of IT
Venue: Sponsor Pavilion
Know more about the event
Learn more Infosys' Hi-Tech practice