Infosys Positioned as a ‘Leader’ in IDC MarketScape Report on Worldwide Manufacturing Information Transformation Systems Integration
Infosys has been named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Manufacturing Information Transformation Systems Integration 2018 Vendor Assessment. The report recognized Infosys for the value it delivers to its customers in complex information transformation (IX) projects and highlighted Nia and the Infosys Information Platform, Genome, and HawkEye as key assets of Infosys for IX.
The IDC MarketScape report evaluated the capability and business strategy of Infosys and eight prominent IT service providers for systems integration and other IT services related to information transformation in the manufacturing industry. This evaluation is based on a comprehensive framework and a set of parameters expected to be most conducive to success in providing IT services for IX in both the short and long terms.
Key highlights from the report:
- The report highlights the company’s increasing investment in North America to develop and attract local talent.
- IDC states that Infosys brings together a strong focus on the manufacturing industry, expertise and IP in data management and advanced analytics, innovation with new technologies such as IoT and AI, and a deep set of resources from delivery and innovation centers, COEs, and partnerships.
- The report highlights Infosys’ range of services and capabilities related to IX as a notable strength of the company.
- Over the past five years, Infosys completed more than 3,000 IX systems integration projects for manufacturers.
- With the Infosys Innovation Fund, Infosys has invested in several start-ups that complement its approach to IX.
Infosys has been serving the manufacturing industry for over 35 years. Within the manufacturing sector, Infosys focuses on clientele in automotive, aerospace, and industrial manufacturing.
About IDC MarketScape: IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
For more information contact PR_global@infosys.com