Unlocking the business value of blockchain-powered networks
- Why and where blockchain matters?
The future of business will rest on the foundation of the internet of value. Markets around the world are witnessing the emergence of a new stakeholder “prosumer” in many industries as the lines between producers and consumers of goods and services are blurred. A new asset class – ‘data’ is fundamentally transforming how value is created, captured and distributed.
These macro trends are leading the way to future business disruption. Blockchain and DLTs will enable enterprises to reshape the market landscape across suppliers, buyers, new entrants, governments, regulators.
The value derived from a shared, immutable, transparent ledger is applicable across the value chain and can be categorized as:
- Enhanced operational efficiencies in multi-party exchanges
- Improved traceability affecting risk, compliance and penalties
- Potential revenue stream via new services powered by analytics
- The promise of blockchain
Sustainability for environment | Sustainability for people | Sustainability for business
With the dynamic economic and geo-political circumstances worldwide, the overarching theme that threads the potential values derived from blockchain is “Sustainability”. Sustainability for the environment, sustainability for the people (producers and consumers) and sustainability for the businesses. When applied rightfully, blockchain can create a fairer economy and stable markets and governments. Blockchain is not to be looked at as a rip-and-replace technology but a foundational force integrated with new age digital technologies such as AI, ML, IoT.
- Our approach to drive blockchain adoption
- Identification and correlation of problems
Infosys believes in empowering business leaders with the right tools to lead the future of business. The challenge at hand is identifying the right business problem and then correlating it across a market/industry.
- Distribution of business value across ecosystem
For the key stakeholders to onboard, it is imperative that business value is distributed across the ecosystem and every stakeholder can interpret the specific value blockchain brings to them.
- Proof-of-concepts are not enough, the need of the hour is proof-of-business
Infosys is aligning strategic investments, partnerships and solutions to simplify proof-of-business and drive wider adoption of blockchain. We have created well-defined IP based products, service-enabled solutions and solution accelerators in the four high-impact areas – financial services, insurance, supply chains, and government services. These tools are designed to help clients test business models and are not just limited to testing technology.
- Identification and correlation of problems
We help clients unlock the true business value of blockchain in their digital journey by accelerating ecosystem-wide adoption, enabling enterprise integration and innovating with next-gen technologies.
Lower experimentation barrier
- Pre-built accelerators & value-added services
- Market relevant solutions
- Infosys hubs to facilitate rapid experimentation
- Accelerate integration with emerging technologies
- Remain technology agnostic
- Simplify stakeholder onboarding
- Develop awareness, educate/advice decision makers and drive adoption with academy
- Direct sponsorship, support, and maintenance
- Develop network operation strategy
- Existing networks expansion
Unlock business value
- Bring leading research to industry to align incentives and commercial models
- Deliver business value by integrating emerging technologies
- Create multi-sided platform-ecosystems.
Infosys Blockchain Suite
Infosys offers a comprehensive suite of end-to-end blockchain services from advisory, implementation, change management, to operationalization and application maintenance. We help clients embark upon a blockchain journey based on their maturity in terms of people process and technology. Typically, our service offerings can be categorized as:
Advisory | Labs | Enablement | Pilot | Training-as-a-service
Enterprise evolution | Network origination & integration, Test and deploy distributed applications | Support & operations
Network proliferation I Business model transformation
Infosys Business Networks
We are developing, scaling, and maintaining distributed applications/business networks across supply chain (including manufacturing), government services, insurance & financial services. These distributed applications have been launched recently at an Infosys Blockchain Conference.
Infosys distributed applications are a curated set of business accelerators that deliver value to each stakeholder that comes together to form blockchain-powered business network(s). Such stakeholders may operate across various industries/domains. These applications provide manifestation of blockchain capabilities to the stakeholders in the form of readily-available user interfaces, business workflows and APIs/services.