commercetools is the world’s leading software for next-generation B2C and B2B commerce. To break the market out of being restrained by legacy suites, commercetools invented a headless, API-first, multi-tenant SaaS commerce portfolio of cloud-native that uses flexible microservices. Using the commercetools portfolio, customers can deliver the best commerce experiences across every touchpoint on a large scale.
commercetools has offices across the US, Europe, and Asia Pacific, with headquarters in Germany. Since 2010, commercetools software has been implemented by Fortune 500 companies across industries, from retail to manufacturing and from telecommunications to fashion.
Infosys commercetools partnership:
Todays’ era of retail systems sees a growing onus on empirical-driven commerce. Architectural decisions and the technical stack of e-commerce platforms are driven by the ability to deliver consistent customer experience, derive data insights and analytics, provide rapid and frequent releases of new features to the market.
Infosys has partnered with commercetools, the modern commerce platform that’s big on features, and even bigger on flexibility and extensibility to offer end-to-end services.
This partnership transforms the way enterprises engage, transact, and service their customers in today’s multi-channel landscape.
- Customers adapt to the rapidly changing customer demands in the omnichannel commerce space
- Enterprises in the fast-changing world of shopping by bringing together the right expertise, experience, scale, and vigor
Infosys digital commerce practice with commercetools offers end-to-end digital commerce services by bringing in the digital revolution to transform the way clients engage and transact with their customers in today’s multi-channel landscape.
Role of commercetools platform:
- Establishing a solid Commerce foundation and light Product Information Management (PIM) solution
- commercetools is one of our recent additions in our Infosys portfolio of commerce landscape leveraging a headless content delivery ecosystem
- Microservices architecture of commercetools seamlessly integrates delivery for all the touch points in an omnichannel fashion
Why chose Infosys commercetools partnership?
We help differentiate the e-commerce solutions by:
- Delivering first-time-right omnichannel solutions at a global scale
- Building digital enterprises through an open ecosystem and delivering faster services
- Enabling customer-centric experience achieved by intelligence everywhere
- Integrating next-gen capabilities at every touchpoint
Focused on building a generic MACH Architecture-based solution that could easily integrate with any modern CMS solutions, external promotion engines, and conversational commerce solutions without any compromise on security, Infosys has created the Reference Store Accelerators – “Infosys Fast Commerce Solution Powered By commercetools” leveraging commercetools framework.
Adopting this framework helps enterprises with cost optimization, faster time-to-market, and reduces the complexity of new implementations or migration processes. It also helps clients to stay ahead of their competition and improve personalization.
B2C Accelerator Features:
- External Promotion Engine Integration
- Extending Merchant Center with CSC Capabilities
- Session Management
- CMS integration ContentFul
D2C Accelerator Features:
- End -to-end D2C Customer Journey
- CMS Integration Amplience
- Product Import Accelerators
- Payment and Mach Composer
- Live Person and Personalized Marketing Video
- Chatbot for Queries and Services
- Consumer-specific Pricing
B2B Accelerator Features:
- Customer-specific Catalog
- End-to-end B2B customer Journey
- Hierarchical Customer Organization with Inheritance support
- Pricing Hierarchy with Inheritance Support
- Mandatory Authorization to Access Site
- Budget/Role-based Order Approval
- Quote and Administration Console
commercetools – Train the trainer program
This is an initiative launched by Infosys in partnership with commercetools that aims to get 100+ employees trained and certified in 2022.
The “train the trainer” model is followed, in which a small percentage of resources are trained by commercetools and certified who in turn will train other suitable resources under the supervision of trainers from commercetools.
The goal is to create a group of pseudo trainers who will help train the resources and get them ready for certification. Thereby equipping and enabling them to handle industry needs for commercetools in Infosys. This program is directed to get the employees of the firm skilled in commercetools, to strengthen this technology in the digital commerce pillar.
- Empirical-driven commerce
- Seamless delivery of consistent customer experience
- Acceleration of digital ecosystem
- Help customers with their transformational journey
- Leverage MACH alliance’s multitude of platform vendors
- Re-define set of guiding principles
- Infosys Fast Commerce Solution - The next generation solution for B2C and B2B commerce business models powered by commercetools
- Key members of the MACH alliance
- Encompass a business-friendly commerce orchestration
Key client benefits:
Improved Innovation Velocity
Business innovation requires iteration. Businesses want the agility to do a quick POC that helps them capture if there is a demand for an initiative. They want a platform that will help them do such experiments quickly rather than waiting on a platform vendor to provide those capabilities. Solution built on MACH principles helps customers achieve this goal.
Traditional monolithic platforms often involve multi-million-dollar contracts over longer periods. The decision-making process is also an elongated one. This leads to retailers getting locked up in the platform for extended periods. MACH vendors promise ease of doing business through simplification of licensing and purchasing terms.
Individual services of the MACH vendor can be scaled up or down based on demand. With most MACH vendors, you don’t have to worry about scaling.
Infosys leveraged commercetools MACH-based architecture to develop a flexible, modular e-commerce platform to meet clients’ requirements. We also developed core payment services and associated integrations along with enabled end-customers to apply and buy using the merchant’s private label card. Enabled real-time inventory visibility across channels during order capture, perform incremental payment settlement as items are dispatched. We also developed new skin and services for cart and checkout delivering an enhanced customer experience.
Our Whitepaper on migration from Oracle ATG to Commercetools can be found here
Benefits / Outcomes:
- Strong foundation – Monolith to microservices/API architecture
- Lower TCO – Minimize costly upgrades
- Enable growth – New markets, new products, new offerings, new business tools
- Business agility – Faster time-to-market, improved operations
Infosys helped develop a personalized omnichannel customer experience for a large Oil and Energy player venturing into the convenience retail landscape. The existing landscape is comprised of multiple Source of Truth that is unrestrained by the underlining platform systems. Transforming the existing landscape to a digital omnichannel way of operations is the challenge given to us. We approached this by a Microservices-based, API-first, Cloud-native, and Headless functionality of commercetools to provide very extensible customer-specific features. We configured the Merchant Center application from commercetools to tackle custom and vast product and category management requirements. Integrated multiple applications that were inducted to ensure the continuous hyper-personalized experiences that are simple and intuitive to the end-users.
Benefits / Outcomes:
- Enhanced customer experience – Trusted product attributes consistent across markets resulting in a unified customer experience resulting in lesser returns
- Lower TCO – Minimize operational costs for the customer as the merchandising operations are centralized
- Enable Growth – New markets, new products, new offerings, new business tools
- Business Agility – Rapid order management (acceptance, partial acceptance), digitized operations for the convenience store managers
Key metrics from one of our recent market rollouts as listed below:
- Improved sales – + 26%
- Optimized rejection rates – - 0.5%
- Ratings and reviews – + 0.02%
- Missing products – + 0.02%