Infosys Global Partnership With MongoDB Technology
MongoDB Inc. offers database solutions by combining traditional databases with the flexibility, scale, and performance today’s applications require. They play a critical role in innovative software development.
They are the leading NoSQL enterprise data store that offer an operational database that can fit a very broad set of use cases, including mission critical applications. They can work as a complement to — as well as a replacement for — relational database technologies. They’re adopted as a standardized database technology by some of the world’s largest organizations and recognized as an industry leader by Forrester (Big data NoSQL / document stores).
Infrastructure independent and cloud agnostic, their data store provides the following functions:
- Reduces DevOps complexity for modern architecture
- Handles complex data requirements
- Automates operations like replication, scale-out provisioning, backup and recovery, self-healing, and such
- Reduces software, hardware, and human resource cost
- Addresses the sources of technical debt; including data duplication, complicated software stacks, and bloated infrastructure
For more information, visit MongoDB's website: www.mongodb.com
Infosys and MongoDB share a strategic business partnership, which enables us to provide significant benefits to our customers. The global partnership is designed to help enterprises accelerate their digital transformation and application modernization initiatives with next-generation database solutions. Together, we help new and existing customers address the key pain points of cost, performance, and scalability across legacy applications. We bring the scale, expertise, and technology to deliver application modernization programs at a global level. The partnership is also driving innovations for the creation of the best-in-class industry solutions built on MongoDB.
Infosys MongoDB co-created solutions:
- Infosys and MongoDB want to help clients modernize their application landscape and have co-created an application assessment framework, which helps identify client applications which are a ‘fit’ for MongoDB. This framework has been successfully applied to multiple clients with application assessment workshops conducted in the US, Europe, and India.
- We have also partnered with MongoDB to create a mainframe offloading solution to help companies migrate their data off the mainframe and onto MongoDB.
- The Infosys Center for Emerging Technology Solutions (iCETS) group has developed internet protocols (IPs), tools, and frameworks to migrate data from a relational database management system (RDBMS) to MongoDB. These are being leveraged as part of the above solutions.
Infosys wins ‘Partner of the Year’ award from MongoDB
Based on the close collaboration and partnership with MongoDB on multiple fronts, we were selected by MongoDB as the ‘Partner of the Year’ in June 2017.
- Relationship highlights
- 1000+ MongoDB experienced people
- Joint investments in go-to-market solutions
- Dedicated alliance and field teams to support business
- Go-to-market approach
- Engagements ranging from up-front business consulting to support and maintenance
- Leading global 2K clients supported by MongoDB and Infosys jointly
- Joint innovation lab as a part of the partnership to drive solutions to the market
- Knowledge, solutions, and competencies
- Dedicated experts working on joint solutions for industry solutions
- Completely integrated knowledge and competency development model
Infosys is the only system integrator which offers end-to-end services on application modernization with MongoDB using a software + services approach.
Our offerings cover an entire range of services for MongoDB as follows:
- MongoDB Consulting Services
- Application portfolio analysis for MongoDB fitment
- Proof of concepts
- MongoDB implementation roadmap and approach
- MongoDB Implementation Services
- Software and services offerings
- MongoDB application development
- MongoDB application migration
- MongoDB Administration Services
- MongoDB infrastructure sizing
- MongoDB cluster administration
- MongoDB version upgrades
- MongoDB Competency services
- MongoDB training and certification
- Certification programs with our partners
- Competency development and center of excellence (CoE) setup
Infosys has a range of software tools, components, and reusable architecture frameworks developed in the Infosys MongoDB innovation lab; as given below:
- Infosys Data Workbench (IDW)
- Infosys NoSQL Migration Portal
- Infosys Application assessment framework for NoSQL
- Consulting packages on application assessments, environment configuration
- Implementation packages on IDW, solutions components, reference architectures
- faceted search implementation
- Reference architecture for Spring Batch MongoDB integration
- MongoDB Business Intelligence (BI) Connector integration for reporting
- MongoDB Hadoop / Spark Connector integration component
Infosys – MongoDB partnership press release
- Reference architecture for MEAN (MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, and Node.js) stack
- Reference architecture for microservices with MongoDB
- Mainframe data offload to MongoDB