How virtual holiday shopping became a reality
A leading hotel operator was determined to change consumer behavior on social media from simply 'buzz' to 'buy'. We wanted in on this challenge.
Change consumer behavior on social media from 'buzz' to 'buy' for a leading hotel operator
Why is this a significant problem?
- Online consumer reviews are the second most trusted form of advertising for 70 percent of global consumers
- About 38 percent of US travelers and 64 percent of non-US travelers use social networking sites while travelling
- After a vacation, 46 percent of travelers post hotel reviews
Why is the problem challenging?
Implementing a social commercial solution for a brand present in 90+ countries, with more than 4,000 hotels and servicing 20 million customers is not a small ask.
- We implemented a comprehensive e-Commerce and social commerce platform that allows visitors to log into our client’s e-Commerce website using their Facebook account, with a simple connect and register process
- The platform's reporting and analytics capabilities provide insights into customer behavior and their social interactions
- This enables millions of registered customers to connect with their social networks and exchange information about their hotel experiences
- Online traffic conversions to sales shot up by 20 percent
- With the platform on the cloud, a saving of 30 percent was accrued in infrastructure costs