Accelerate Hybrid Cloud Transformation with Next-Gen Data Management
Over the last few years, the cloud has completely transformed the way businesses run. Traditionally it was leveraged by businesses to bring agility and cost-effectiveness to their operations but today, expectations from the cloud have evolved. Now businesses are looking at the cloud as a critical path to maximize business outcomes, boost market responsiveness, engage with customers and drive continuous innovation. Covid-19 has also been a catalyst behind surging cloud adoption. The pandemic has introduced uncertainty to the world in ways most of us have never experienced before. Our “next new normal” has brought changes which have made it necessary for businesses to become more resilient, efficient, and forward-thinking than ever.
A recent survey conducted by Infosys with over 2500 respondents, concluded that enterprises in the six regions surveyed can add up to US$414 billion in net new profits, annually, through effective cloud adoption.1 (source)
However, adopting the cloud is just the beginning of a shift in the way in which we work. To harness the full potential of hybrid/multicloud landscapes, organizations also need to optimize their most important digital asset: their data. This can also help accelerate innovation, increase productivity, drive growth, reduce costs, mitigate risks, and optimize asset utilization. But, in a world in which data continues to grow exponentially, challenges in managing that data also proliferate, which we will explore further in this blog. Hence it is imperative for organizations to adopt next-gen data management solutions that are built natively for the cloud, put security first, and help drive insights from data.
Analysts predict, by the end of the year 2021, ransomware attacks on businesses will occur every 11 seconds, and their global damage will be to the tune of US$20 billion.2 (source)
Key Challenges Enterprises Face Managing Data in Hybrid or Multi Cloud Environments
- Fragmented and Siloed Data Infrastructure — With growing cloud adoption, data has exploded in volume and - for any given organization - become scattered across multiple public clouds, data centers, remote offices, and other edge locations, often with little operational oversight.
- Operational Inefficiencies — The complexity created by such infrastructure silos has a considerable impact on the overall system and operational efficiency.
- Data Privacy — Data privacy legislation has made it mandatory for companies to prioritize compliance and protect personally identifiable information (PII) residing within data -- but this requires a level of visibility across environments that many organizations often lack.
- Data Resiliency — There is a need to stay available 24x7 to remain competitive and ensure business continuity against both internal and external threats.
- Lack of Turn — key Data Management Solutions— Most SaaS solutions for data management offer a single service rather than a full range of capabilities, leading once again to the challenge of managing silos across a multi-vendor environment.
Next-gen Data Management Is the Key!
Today, enterprises need a set of data management services and solutions that can act as a force multiplier for cloud-powered digital transformation and enable them to leverage the full potential of the cloud ecosystem to drive increased business value and remain business resilient. It’s critical to modernize the data landscape across hybrid and multicloud environments to accelerate digital transformation and eliminate mass data fragmentation by consolidating data silos onto a single, easy-to-manage software-defined platform which can host enterprise-class services including backup and recovery, file shares, object stores, disaster recovery, data security and governance, dev/test data provisioning, and analytics.
Adopting the right set of next-gen data management solutions can help enterprises achieve:
- Accelerated time to market
- Potential cost savings by eliminating expensive siloed infrastructure
- Simplified management through a single UI
- Exceptional cyber-resiliency and business continuity
An example is Cohesity’s next-gen data management solutions together with Infosys Cobalt that can advance and accelerate the cloud journey of enterprises and help organizations leverage the full potential of their data to drive resilience and business continuity.
Unlock the Power of Your Data to Get the Maximum Out of Your Cloud Investments
Between multiple geographies, cloud providers, workloads, and data services, data within many organizations is fragmented, unsecured, and unproductive. Moreover, an organization’s data is rarely situated in just one cloud. For the majority of enterprises, their footprint straddles multiple public clouds as well as on-premises environments. Enterprises need unique approaches and modern solutions to simplify data management and derive more value from one of their most valuable assets: their data.