Big Data/Predictive Analytics Strategy and Design
Downtime of critical assets is a significant challenge that costs companies millions of dollars through incurred losses. According to a study conducted by Infosys and the Institute for Industrial Management (FIR), RWTH Aachen University, Germany, on maturity of asset efficiency, 85% of global manufacturing companies are aware of asset efficiency but only 15% have managed to implement it.
Enabling asset efficiency involves overcoming challenges such as:
- Lack of instrumentation of the assets
- Lack of real-time data analytics
- Lack of context due to missing information from other systems
- Lack of holistic focus with other aspects of efficiency such as energy, utilization, operations, and serviceability
Infosys Consulting offers a holistic solution for clients to manage their asset efficiency using:
- Big Data/Predictive Analytics Strategy and Design that enables real-time and historical data analysis to predict the serviceable life of assets, thereby improving asset availability, minimizing unplanned downtime and increasing throughput.
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) enablement that leverages our IoT ecosystem partners to deliver sensors, application enablement, device management capability, and edge devices.