The payment providers’ playbook for practical, innovation-led transformation
The pandemic has transformed the payments market forever. The essential requirement for touchless and remote payments sparked enormous demand, subsequent adoption and a significant push for increasing payment capabilities. Payment providers of all stripes have a clear North Star focus on expanding their payment capabilities to meet the unbridled demand for digital payments in all forms.
BFS firms are turning to full-service firms and fintechs for capability enablement as they transition through the Horizons. To better understand where payments are headed, HFS Research and Infosys conducted a study of 150 payment providers in North America and Europe. The results are eye-opening as we watch payments providers perform a difficult balancing act between investing in crucial modernization projects while attempting to drive growth with new and innovative solutions.
- Using ecosystem partners as a source of new value rates is important
- The Horizons framework offers payment providers a paced approach to innovation-led transformation
- Payment providers hell-bent on growth through new offerings must prioritize modernization or risk failure
- Sixty-three percent (63%) of payment providers favor full-services firms with a growing need for fintechs (62%) and consultants (55%) to help them grapple with roadblocks and drive progress
- Payments providers work with 11 strategic partners on average today, and 73% indicate they expect this number to grow. Strategic partners need to offer much more than cost savings
This report is the second in a four-part series examining the growing importance of ecosystems in the BFS market through the lens of making practical progress across the Horizons. Read the first part of the report.
Download below to read rest of the report.