1) What is the area of operation of Infosys?
Infosys Limited (Infosys) – along with its majority owned and controlled subsidiaries – is a leading global consulting and IT services firm. The company provides end-to-end business solutions that leverage technology. The company provides solutions that span the entire software life cycle encompassing consulting, technology, engineering, and outsourcing services. In addition, the company offers software products and platforms.
2) Where and in which year was Infosys incorporated?
Infosys was incorporated in 1981 as Infosys Consultants Private Limited, a private limited company under the Indian Companies Act, 1956. It changed its name to Infosys Technologies Private Limited in April 1992, to Infosys Technologies Limited in June 1992, when it became a public limited company, and to Infosys Limited in June 2011. Infosys completed its initial public offering of equity shares in India in 1993 and its initial public offering of American Depositary Shares (ADSs) in the United States in 1999. In July 2003, June 2005 and November 2006, it completed sponsored secondary offerings of ADSs in the United States on behalf of its shareholders.
3) What is the revenue and profit of Infosys for the recently concluded quarter and for the last 12 months?
|As per IFRS (Rs cr)||As per IFRS ($ m)|
|Q3 FY19 revenues||21,400||2,987|
|Q3 FY19 net profits||3,609||502|
|LTM FY 19 revenues||79,220||11,544|
|LTM FY 19 net profits||15,021||2,188|
4) What is the 5-year revenue and profit CAGR of Infosys?
|As per IFRS (Rs cr)||As per IFRS ($ m)|
*Based on FY 18 financials
5) What is the employee strength of the Infosys Group?
Infosys and its subsidiaries had 225,501 employees as of December 31, 2018.
6) Does the company have debt in its balance sheet?
Infosys is a debt-free company. It doesn't have any outstanding debt or fixed deposits. The company presently generates sufficient cash internally to finance all its operational, financing and investment requirements.
7) What is the credit rating of the company?
The credit rating of the company is A3 (Moody’s rating), A- (Standard & Poor's rating) and 5A1 (Dun & Bradstreet rating).
8) How many software development centers does Infosys have?
Infosys has 126 global development centers as on March 31, 2018, of which 45 are in India and 78 are outside India.
9) How many sales offices does Infosys have?
Infosys has 82 sales offices around the world as on March 31, 2018, of which 3 are in India and 79 are outside India.
10) What is the address of the registered office of Infosys?
The address of the registered office of Infosys is as below.
Bengaluru 560 100, India
Tel.: +91 80 2852 0261
Fax: +91 80 2852 0362
11) When does the financial year of Infosys end?
The Infosys financial year ends on March 31.
12) In which stock exchanges are Infosys shares / American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) listed and what are the codes?
The equity shares of Infosys are listed on BSE and NSE in India and its ADS is listed on the NYSE in the US. The respective codes are as below.
|In India||Outside India|
|Bloomberg code||INFO IS||INFO IB||INFY UN|
13) Where can I obtain information on the financial results of Infosys?
The quarterly and annual financial results of Infosys can be accessed at:
14) Where can I obtain details on the Infosys stockholders?
Infosys stockholder details are provided at the link below:
15) What is an American Depositary Share (ADS)?
An ADS is a negotiable certificate evidencing ownership of an outstanding class of stock in a non-US company. ADSs are created when ordinary shares are delivered to a custodian bank in the domestic market, which then instructs a depositary bank in the US to issue ADSs based on a predetermined ratio. ADSs are SEC-registered securities and may trade freely, just like any other security, either on an exchange or in the over-the-counter market.
16) What is the ratio of equity shares to ADS?
1 equity share held / traded in India is equivalent to 1 ADS held / traded on NYSE.
17) Do the ADSs have voting rights?
Yes. In the event of a matter submitted to the holders of ordinary shares for a vote, the ADS holders on record as at a particular date will be allowed to instruct the depositary bank to exercise the vote in respect of the equity shares representing the ADS held by them.
18) Are the ADSs entitled to cash dividends?
Yes, whenever dividends are paid to ordinary shareholders, cash dividends to ADS holders are declared in local currency and paid in dollars (based on the prevailing exchange rate) by the depositary bank, net of the depositary’s fees and expenses.
Equity shares information
19) When did Infosys make its initial public offer (IPO) and what was the initial listing price? Was there any follow-on offering?
Infosys made an initial public offer in February 1993 and its shares were listed on stock exchanges in India in June 1993. Trading opened at Rs. 145 per share, compared to the IPO price of Rs. 95 per share. In October 1994, Infosys made a private placement of 5,50,000 shares at Rs. 450 each to Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs), Financial Institutions (FIs) and body corporates. In March 1999, it issued 20,70,000 ADSs (equivalent to 10,35,000 equity shares of par value of Rs. 10 each) at US$34 per ADS under the American Depositary Shares Program and the same were listed on the NASDAQ National Market. All the above data is unadjusted for issue of stock split and bonus shares. During July 2003, June 2005 and November 2006, it made successful secondary ADR issues of US$294 million, US$1.07 billion and US$1.605 billion respectively.
In December 2012, Infosys transferred the listing of its American Depositary Shares (ADS) to the NYSE from the NASDAQ. In February 2013, Infosys got listed in Euronext London and Paris markets. In June 2018, Infosys voluntarily delisted its shares from Euronext London and Paris due to low average daily trading volume of Infosys’ ADS o these exchanges which was not commensurate with the related administrative requirements.
20) What is the history of bonus issues (equivalent to stock split in the form of stock dividend) and stock split at Infosys?
|Fiscal||Bonus share issue||Stock split ratio|
|2000||-||2 for 1|
21) Does Infosys have a dividend reinvestment program or dividend stock purchase plan?
Infosys does not offer a dividend reinvestment program or dividend stock program at present.
22) Does Infosys pay dividends? What is the dividend policy of Infosys?
Currently, Infosys pays dividends to its shareholders. The current dividend policy is to distribute up to 70 percent of the free cash flow (net cash provided by operating activities less capital expenditure as per the consolidated statement of cash flows prepared under IFRS) as dividend. The Board of Directors reviews the dividend policy periodically and on April 13, 2017, decided to change the dividend policy to up to 70 percent of free cash flow from up to 50 percent of post-tax profits earlier.
Additionally, the company has given special dividends back to shareholders from time to time whenever it had surplus cash compared to its requirements.
The Board in its meeting on April 13, 2018, had identified an amount of upto ₹13,000 crores ($2 billion*) to be paid to shareholders in the following manner:
- A special dividend of ₹10 per share ($0.15 per ADR) resulting in a payout of approximately ₹2,600 crore (approximately $400 million*) in June 2018
- Identified an amount of upto approximately ₹10,400 crore (approximately $1,600 million) to be paid out to shareholders for the Financial Year 2019, in such a manner, to be decided by the Board, subject to applicable laws and requisite approvals, if any.
The Board in its meeting held on January 11, 2019 approved the following:
- Buyback of Equity Shares, from the open market route through the Indian stock exchanges, amounting to ₹8,260 crore (Maximum Buyback Size) (approximately $1,184 million) at a price not exceeding ₹800 per share (Maximum Buyback Price) (approximately $11.46 per share), subject to shareholders' approval by way of Postal Ballot, and
- A Special Dividend of ₹4/- per share (approximately $0.06 per share) that would result in a payout of approximately ₹2,107 crore (approximately $302 million) (including dividend distribution tax)
After the execution of the above, along with the special dividend (including dividend distribution tax) of ₹2,633 crore ($386 million) already paid in June 2018, the Company would complete the distribution of ₹13,000 crore, which was announced as part of its capital allocation policy in April 2018.
As the USD/INR* exchange rates have moved from April 2018 when the capital allocation policy was announced, the total capital allocation in US$ terms amounts to $1,872 million (comprising $1,184 million pertaining to buyback as mentioned above, $386 million towards special dividend paid in June 2018 and $302 million towards special dividend to be paid to shareholders in January 2019).
23) What was the Dividend Per Share paid out during the last ten years?
|Fiscal||Interim Dividend* (₹)||Final Dividend* (₹)||Special Dividend* (₹)||Total Dividend* (₹)|
|2009||1.25||1.69|| - ||2.94|
|2010||1.25||1.88|| - ||3.13|
|2013||1.88||3.38|| - ||5.25|
|2014||2.50||5.38|| - ||7.88|
|2019||7.00|| - || 4.00|| - |
*Adjusted for bonus shares and stock splits
Earnings release date
24) What is the date of release of financial results?
|Quarter ending||Earnings release date|
|March 31, 2019||April 12, 2019|
25) When is the dividend declared?
Infosys pays dividend twice a year. Historically, an interim dividend is generally declared by the board in October along with the adoption of second quarter results. Additionally, a final dividend is recommended by the Board in April along with the adoption of annual results. The final dividend is subject to the approval of shareholders at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
26) When is the AGM held?
AGM for fiscal 2018 was held on June 23, 2018 and for fiscal 2017, it was held on June 24, 2017 in Bangalore.
27) Does the company organize any investor day / analyst day?
The company organizes an analyst day in India periodically. In 2018, it was held in Mumbai on April 23, 2018. Additionally, the company organizes an analyst day in New York periodically. Both the buy-side and sell-side are invited to the analyst day.
28) Does the company have quiet periods?
Yes. Infosys follows quiet periods prior to its earnings release every quarter. During the quiet period, the company or any of its officials will not discuss earnings expectations with any external parties.
|Quarter ending||Earnings release date||Quiet period|
|March 31, 2019||April 12, 2019||March 16, 2019 – April 11, 2019|