Infosys is committed to creating inclusive work cultures that encourage the participation and growth of women. In order to ensure that women continue to focus on both their personal and professional pursuits and balance their priorities effectively, as per their need, we have crafted a two pronged approach to integrate returning mothers. This approach focuses on both childcare support as well as enablers to facilitate effective workplace integration.
Complimenting childcare support through in-house, proximity and network options, based on the need at our various development centre locations, is the Mum’s Net. The Mum’s Net infrastructure is set up in all our development centres across the country.
- It is furnished with workstations, desktops and lactation rooms
- Mom’s net will help young mothers to build peer support network or a “Buddy” to facilitate integration at work
- Mum’s Net interactions are invaluable from a perspective of supporting competency development, career guidance and counselling from senior members of the organization. We will be conducting “Restart her” and “Personal Take on professional lives” series
- Family Matters is a forum where in external experts are invited to talk about variety of topics ranging from health and wellness, childcare and parenting and relationship with spouse.
- Business units are also committed to ensuring the deployment of women returning from maternity in their core areas of work as quickly as possible. The allocation of laptops to support flexibility needs, assignment to short-term projects through internal collaborations as well as deployment into ‘live’ projects is tracked with a lot of care paying attention to individual requirements for support, as required.