Portfolio rationalization for a leading financial services firm
A leading global financial services conglomerate.
The client's application portfolio comprised over 300 applications. The functional overlaps resulted in increased spend on maintenance and support. The portfolio size and structure also made it difficult for the client to make objective decisions around enhancements, maintenance and decommissioning of applications.
The Infosys Solution
Our comprehensive application portfolio analysis resulted in:
- Mapping of various applications to specific elements of the business architecture, to help identify redundancies and opportunities to streamline the portfolio
- Clustering of applications based on specific characteristics, including 'true costs'
- A clear portfolio-rationalization strategy with the potential to save an estimated US$ 25 million in costs
Specific assets created as a result of the engagement included:
- An inventory of applications, categorized as strategic, life support and candidates for decommissioning
- An 'Application TCO Wizard' that provided executives with data on the total costs of each application benefits
Infosys helped the client rationalize its application portfolio, making it leaner and hence more cost-efficient.