Petrotechnical Support and Integration
Your ecosystem of upstream applications should be vertically integrated for seamless workflow and operational excellence. Consolidated petrotechnical applications and databases help your petrophysicists, geologists, and geophysicists make informed decisions from real-time exploration and production data.
The Infosys Oil and Gas practice understands the complexities of your application portfolio. We integrate, maintain, and support petrotechnical solutions, and offer post-production application support. We partner with global oil and gas companies to streamline operations across assets, boost productivity, and reduce the cost of petrotechnical applications by up to 20 – 40 percent. Our shared services model delivers compelling business value in the areas of information security, quality, service continuity, and scalability.
Infosys petrotechnical service footprint
Deployment and migration
- Deploy and maintain petrotechnical applications
- Migrate application and project data during software upgrades
- Migrate data from legacy to next-generation software
Data loading and validation
- Load data to Exploration and Production (E&P) applications such as ProSource suite, Finder, Seabed, Petrel, GeoFrame, OpenWorks, and Recall
- Validate data at multiple levels
- Analyze source products and data
- Identify appropriate data transfer tools
- Transfer data between project / corporate databases and petrotechnical applications
- Select data products to address business requirements
- Integrate petrotechnical applications
- Provide point-to-point integration using native or third-party (TIBCO / OpenSpirit) adapters and connectors
- Establish open data exchange standards such as WITSML and PRODML
- Develop / enhance one-stop support portal for E&P applications
- Provide user support
- Track application support
Intellectual property: Our proprietary tools deliver predictable solutions –
- Infosys Transition Advantage: Provides a ‘single version of the truth’ for stakeholders during transition
- Infosys Problem Analytics: Offers data analytics related to incidents and service requests
- Infosys Automation Platform: Automates resolution of incidents and service requests based on past events
- Infosys Command Center: Facilitates the shift to monitoring business events from IT events
Domain expertise: We have enhanced and integrated 250+ upstream applications using our global delivery model. More than 98 percent services complied with SLAs, while 95 percent application services were delivered in time and within budget.
Partnerships: We partner with petrotechnical system vendors, data historians such as OSIsoft, and GIS product vendors such as ESRI and GE Smallworld.
Collaboration: We collaborate with industry bodies such as Energistics, Indian School of Petroleum and Energy, and the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) as well as learning centers such as the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun; Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar; and International Human Resources Development Corporation, Boston.