Energy Trading and Risk Management
You need an agile IT infrastructure to address the dynamics of energy trading. Your trade processing frameworks should reduce manual intervention and the resulting errors while enhancing transparency and providing an audit trail. Your data management systems should avoid replication of effort for operational and reporting requirements. More importantly, your core trading platforms should support mergers and acquisitions as well as new areas of investment.
The Infosys Oil and Gas practice aligns energy trading processes with business goals. Our Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) offering covers physical delivery and financial settlement contracts. Our rich experience in power, oil, gas, nuclear energy, and renewable energy helps accelerate trade execution and mitigate operational and regulatory risks.
Our ETRM offerings are reinforced by our expertise in hedging instruments, logistics and contract management, petroleum refining, modes of energy transport, and inventory management. We enable energy traders to make superior risk-adjusted trading decisions by harmonizing systems, processes, and data. We also help traders select and implement trading platforms that address tactical needs, minimize license costs and provide scalability.
Infosys develops bespoke trade blotters for visibility into trading activities, and monitoring systems that reduce costing issues and outages on price curves. Our reporting tools support customized MIS reports as well as regulatory guidelines such as European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) and Regulation on Energy Market Integrity and Transparency (REMIT). Our knowledge management frameworks enable accurate tracking of invoices and accruals.
- Portfolio analysis
- Strategy / road map definition
- Business analysis
- Package evaluation, implementation, and upgrade
- Application development, maintenance and support
- Independent validation and QA
- Program management
- Business process support
- A global pool of ETRM consultants and techno-functional experts with cumulative experience of 1,600+ person years
- Expertise spanning physical and paper trade in exchange traded as well as over-the-counter (OTC) products, demand and supply planning and forecasting, contract generation, pricing engine, forward curve generation, and records management
- Collaboration and alliances with leading product vendors such as OpenLink Software, SunGard, Asset Control, and Ventyx
- IP assets to deliver business value across system integration and product implementation projects – from cost savings of US$ 2 million delivered by a new platform for market data services to annual savings of € 120,000 in license costs via BusinessObjects landscape consolidation
- Our process-driven approach offers compelling business value – from annual savings of US$ 8 million through a trading transformation program and 50 percent improvement in reporting timelines to 70 percent reduction in the operational cost of EMIR regulatory reporting
Infosys Trade Support Platform (ITsP)