Infosys enabled Multi-Pillar Cloud Transformation for Harmonic with Oracle Cloud
The case study has been authored by Miriam Deasy, Research Director, HFS Research
Harmonic is an American technology company that develops and markets video routing, server, and storage products for companies that produce, process, and distribute video content for television and the internet. Harmonic’s systems landscape needed a radical overhaul to face the future as an old version of Oracle’s on-premise eBusiness Suite and a series of customizations prevented agile responses and required a lot of expensive and time-consuming IT handholding.
Infosys delivered a multi country, multi pillar cloud transformation under 10 months
The key objectives for the move to the cloud were business agility, scalability, mobility (any-time and any-device access), and IT competitiveness. The business objectives included improvements in productivity and efficiency in the financial-close process; seamless order fulfilment from sales, sales operations, and channel partners; and an enhanced user experience for their teams. The IT organization sought a reliable, globally compliant, secure application with disaster recovery options.
"This was indeed a complex project completed under a very tight schedule. The decision to go end-end with a big bang approach was taken after a lot of consideration, though it was a risky undertaking. Infosys, with its longstanding partnership with Oracle and deep-rooted expertise in complex digital transformation programs, was an ideal partner of choice to collaborate with us. They helped enable timely delivery despite all the constraints and ensured business continuity in parallel."
- Santhosh Kumar, VP IT and PMO, Harmonic
Key Highlights of the Engagement:
- Harmonic implemented a suite of Oracle cloud modules combined with additional third-party integrations. Rather than taking an incremental approach, Harmonic aimed for a big bang migration to quickly synchronize as many of the fast-moving parts as possible.
- A fixed-price model and deadline commitment were key to partner selection - Infosys presented a solution and a team with technical and domain experience and in-depth knowledge of Harmonic’s peripheral and middleware applications.
- Infosys was able to meet Harmonic’s aggressive timeline by using accelerators and a tailored implementation methodology.
- Infosys delivered Oracle FIN Cloud, Oracle SCM Cloud, and Oracle HCM Cloud for the finance and accounting, procurement, and human resources departments, respectively. In tandem, Infosys also deployed additional Oracle Cloud modules, trained users, modelled business flows, designed integrations, and built data extracts and reports.
- The Bottom Line: For Harmonic, the big bang approach was preferable to an incremental approach, it quickly moved Harmonic’s business processes into the cloud with minimal disruption to the business and on an aggressive timeframe.
The vision for Infosys’ Oracle Live Enterprise suite is based on continuous evolution with agility at the core, and Harmonic’s transformation is the perfect start to it. Harmonic plans to further deepen the partnership with Infosys to help transform it into a resilient live enterprise by unlocking more areas of efficiencies through process improvements.
Register to access the case study.