In an era of rapid technological advancements, software defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV) and 5G are paving the way for transforming telecom networks. In order to reap the benefits from these technologies, Telecom Enterprises must align their Operation Support Systems (OSS) to these technologies and enable automated, dynamic, intelligent provisioning and configuration, coupled with robust fault and performance management systems.
NextGen OSS (NGOSS) offers a modern, highly agile, modular, and scalable OSS framework for CSPs to expedite the business needs of today’s agile, cost-conscious and competitive telecom environment.
NGOSS is built on a unified micro-services design and will provide value added features that will enable AI/ML based intelligence, and policy based orchestration in real-time.
Infosys NGOSS Service Offerings
Infosys OSS digitization process follows the principles of TMF Open Digital Architecture, open APIs and ZOOM (Zero-touch Orchestration, Operations and Management). When complemented by adoption of open source technologies, this framework empowers Telecom Service Providers to transform their legacy OSS to NextGen OSS.
Key features of the Infosys NGOSS framework:
- Cloud Readiness: Microservices based, on-demand scalable framework
- Operations Automation: Support Digital NOC & empowering operations in decision making through AI/ML driven analytics
- Self-learning and Auto-healing: Policy enabled orchestrator for Hybrid Environment
- Hybrid Network Support: Support for SDN/NFV, cloud hosted devices, appliances and network functions
- Agility to meet dynamics of programmable and virtualized networks: Real-time network topology and discovery
- Standardized and Normalized: In alignment to TMForum ZOOM, Open APIs, Technology Neutral Architecture, TMForum Application framework (TAM), Shared Information/Data Model (SID), enhanced Telecom Operation Map (eTOM) etc.
- Multi-tenancy: Multi-tenancy capabilities native to the infrastructure
- Domain Agnostic: Standardized OSS layer catering to all network domains
Infosys NGOSS Service Offerings
Over past two decades, Infosys has successfully delivered OSS transformation solutions for over 40 global Telecom Service Providers. These offerings are well-supported by more than 800 SMEs, market-driven solutions and a unique set of differentiators that help clients gain maximum value.
- Infosys Smart Network Assurance (ISNA)
ISNA is a NextGen AI/ML-based closed loop assurance solution that has the capability to
- Predict network issues through machine learning and correlations on network data
- Self-heal network issues through workflow-driven automation
- Manage networks by leveraging insights from network data
ISNA provides predictive automated maintenance of networks, thereby enabling a customer-centric and analytics-driven digital network operation centers. It helps telecom service providers achieve high availability of network services and considerable OpEx improvements. It can also support use cases on the latest technology advancements including SDN, 5G and IoT.
- Frameworks and Accelerators
- Optimized search operations: Microservices-based framework for optimized search operations in fulfillment
- Next-gen performance management: An open source, microservices-based solution for performance monitoring of network devices including the SDN/NFV stack
- Next-gen fault management: An open source/ COTS, microservices-based solution for collecting events from legacy and SDN/NFV networks (PNF, SDN-C, VNF, CNF and EMS)
- Order fallout analytics: An open source-based solution that draws data mining application failure patterns from system data with a customizable predictive analytics dashboard
- Proactive monitoring and self-healing of service fallouts: A proactive monitoring solution for OSS service fallouts, coupled with ML algorithms for potential failure prediction, and a self-healing platform for auto-recovery from failures
- DevOps enablement: Open source platform for fully automated build and deployment which includes a Jenkins-based CI/CD pipeline, code analyzer solutions, automated deployment using orchestrators such as Kubernetes, monitoring and tracing solutions such as Prometheus, Elastic stack etc.
- Ecosystem Partnerships
- Strong partnerships with leading OEMs and COTS product vendors
- Collaborations with leading professional bodies like TMForum, ONF etc.
- CoEs and Global Living Lab
- OSS centre of excellence (CoE) with a core team of over 400 certified architects, designers, consultants, and engineers with expertise in multiple COTS products and bespoke OSS solutions
- Innovation labs for OSS that handle integration with multiple COTS products along with reference implementations for newer technologies and frameworks like NGOSS, SDN/NFV, 5G, etc.
- SDN-NFV lab and 5G Living Lab with capabilities to hypothesize, design, experiment, and test new services for customers
Infosys NGOSS Solution Components