Product Testing for a Leading ISV in the Security Product Space
The client is one of the world's leading ISV software providers in the Security and Access Management marketplace.
The client has products in multiple areas such as Access Management, Web Security, Identity Management and Provisioning, Identity Federation, and Single Sign-on (SSO). The client sought Infosys’ expertise to minimize time-to-market, to streamline the QA processes and reduce the overall cost of engineering.
- Risk-based testing model was developed and deployed to reduce the cycle time and improve efficiency
- Enhanced automation utilizing nightly harness
- Well-defined metrics model for continuous improvements
- Virtualized environments for improving execution efficiency and minimizing hardware needs
Some of the technical features of the solution include:
- OS/ Platform: Windows, Solaris/ Linux/ AIX/ HP-UX, Mainframes
- Web Servers: IIS, Apache, Sun Java, Domino, OHS
- App Servers: WebSphere, WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Portal, WebLogic, JBoss
- Database/ Directory Servers: Oracle 9G/10G, MS SQL Server 2005, DB2, MySQL, Sun Directory Server, eTrust 8.x, OpenLDAP, Open Wave, Oracle Internet Directory 10G, Red Hat Directory Server, IBM Domino LDAP, Novell eDirectory v8.8, ADAM
- Reduced time-to-market by up to 20%
- Deployment of virtualization resulting in huge cost arbitrage in terms of infrastructural cost
- Improved quality of products by reducing the number of defects reported from the field significantly. The Defect Removal Efficiency (DRE) for the product was improved from 65% to 80% across releases.