Consumer Spotlight: How future looks like for CPG, retail & logistics companies
Infosys presents Consumer Spotlight: Quarterly Reflections, a live webinar series on our learnings from the consumer-packaged goods, retail, and logistics industries.
In this episode, our experts discuss the shifts in consumer behavior post the Covid-19 pandemic. Brands, retailers, and logistics companies pivoted to meet consumer needs and fulfill their demands promptly. Our experts discuss how companies need to adapt and address the dynamics of the new business landscape.
- The rise of e-commerce, consumers benefiting from the convenience of shopping from home, transparency in pricing, and prompt delivery
- Convenience and speed are critical, urging CPG / retail / logistics companies need to invest in automation, such as robotics in their distribution centers
- Consumers will look to mirror the e-commerce experience in brick-and-mortar stores. Retailers must explore creating micro-fulfilment centers and pop-up stores.
- CPG companies can capitalize on augmented reality and virtual reality to showcase their products online
- Retailers adopting new ways of engaging with their customers via livestream shopping, in-store pop-up stores, subscription models, and buy online-pick up in store
- Last-mile delivery companies are becoming the face of consumer brands, and their delivery staff must be trained to become brand ambassadors
Samad Masood, Content and Strategy Marketing Lead, Infosys Knowledge Institute, moderates the discussion with Andrew Hogenson, Global Managing Partner, Consumer Goods, Retail & Logistics; Indu Ponnappan, Industry Principal; and Ezhil Mani, Associate Vice President, Retail Store Transformation, Infosys.