Consumer Spotlight: Adapting to new business dynamics
In this edition of Consumer Spotlight: Quarterly Reflections, a live webinar on consumer, retail, and logistics trends, Infosys experts discuss the retail consumer landscape after the pandemic. The new business model will offer a hybrid of online and brick-and-mortar experiences enabled by technology.
- The emerging retail model: physical commerce and digital commerce co-exist, brick-and-mortar shops provide an entertaining experience, and online shopping offers speed, variety, and convenience
- Retail enterprises pivoted their business model and fast-tracked their digital transformation
- Consumer enterprises need to be customer-centric and data-driven to become more responsive
- Brick-and-mortar retailers are embracing digital technology: scaling up, increasing e-commerce capacity, and monetizing e-commerce platforms by providing access to peers
- Digital technology is incubating new business models such as subscription services and loyalty discounts, which focus on convenience and lifestyle
- Consumer enterprises need to capitalize on business intelligence to predict consumer demand, and be agile to test new business models
- The future will be consumer-centric, with the focus on hyper-personalization, and leveraging a hybrid model of online and physical retail
Samad Masood, Content Strategy and Marketing Lead, Infosys Knowledge Institute, moderates the discussion with Ambeshwar Nath, SVP, Industry Head - EMEA; Sourav Banerjee, SVP, Industry Head - America; and Andal Alwan, AVP and Regional Head - APAC, Consumer, Retail & Logistics, Infosys.