Certification of an access control product for a large US-based ISV
One of world's leading ISV software providers in the Security and Access Management space.
The client has products in multiple areas such as Access Management, Web Security, Identity Management and Provisioning, Identity Federation, and Single Sign-on (SSO).
The client engaged Infosys to take independent charge of the certification of an access control product on various platforms and with multiple middleware such as web servers, application servers, directory servers and databases.
In order to stay at the forefront of an increasingly innovative products’ market, Infosys helped the client respond to a broad array of market requirements within the least possible time by certifying in new environments.
- Infosys set up a certification lab to handle the client’s requirements
- Our certification team integrated with the client’s product management team to understand product certification requirements, to execute certification specific functional tests, fix any defects found during testing and document any new settings/ instruction specific to the newly certified environment
- Our team undertook and successfully carried out certification of the product with various platforms and middleware. This helped reduce existing certification backlog and increase the product support matrix
- The team certified a variety of third party software and databases with customer products which helped the client generate revenue
- The team provided consultancy to the client in terms of predicting roadmap dates for various certifications to be executed in the future
- The team also setup a dedicated hardware lab for certification of various client products on a variety of windows, UNIX, Linux and virtualization platforms
- Finally, the Infosys team developed an efficient Certification Management tool to manage and track the status of each certification. The tool also manages the pipeline for the certifications and generates reports for senior management that help in analyzing the health of the project
Some of the technical features of the solution include:
- Linux (RHAS/SLES)
- Sun Solaris (Sparc/x86)
- HP-UX (PARisc/Itanium)
- IMB AIX
- zSeries Linux (RHAS/SLES)
- Virtualization (VMWare ESX Server, Solaris zones/LDOM, AIX LPAR)
- Web servers: IIS, Apache, Sun Java, IBM Domino
- Application Servers: WLS, WAS, Tomcat, JBoss, ServletExec
- Directory Servers: Sun LDAP, IBM Tivoli, CA Dir Server, Siemens Dir Server
- Databases: Oracle, Db2, MS SQL, MySQL
As a result of our engagement, the client experienced a series of benefits by having a thorough, functionally tested product:
- Time-to-market for the certifications was reduced significantly resulting in customer satisfaction
- Significant reduction in cost of certification while increasing the overall product support matrix by increasing the certified platforms
- Infosys enabled the client to stay ahead in the demanding market scenario by delivering the certifications of the product with good quality
- Helped the client’s product management team to provide roadmap dates to end customers for future certifications. The accuracy of roadmap prediction for certifications was nearly 100%