Informatics can be defined as the application of information technology (IT) to improve the efficiency & optimization of laboratory operations. Laboratory informatics covers:
- Instrument interfacing & data acquisition
- Networking of instruments
- Data management systems (such as chromatography data systems(CDS))
- Laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
- Knowledge management (use of electronic laboratory notebooks (ELN))
Infosys expertise is primarily focused on:
LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems)
ELN (Electronic Laboratory Notebook)
CDS (Chromatography Data Systems)
Infosys has rich experience in the COTS packages from multiple vendors across LIMS, ELN and CDS. The service consultants carry extensive experience in multiple domains including Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Oil& Gas, Medical Device, Mining, and Food & Beverage.
Infosys has a dedicated team to focus on Lab Informatics services to achieve customers’ critical business functionalities. Our service spectrum covers the complete lifecycle of laboratory informatics systems: Lab informatics strategy, implementation support, data migration, and integration service. Here is a brief capture of the service offerings:
- Lab Informatics Strategy
- Package Evaluation and Vendor selection
- Paperless Labs Solution Strategy
- Solution Architecture
- Configuration & Customization
- Deployment & Roll out
- Application Maintenance and Support Services
- Integration with external systems (ERP, MES, other devices and enterprise systems)
- Data Migration
- Package Upgrade
- Productivity and Performance improvement solutions
- Project Management
The services offered by Infosys spread across all the levels.
- Extensive experience of working with Fortune 500 companies
- Cross industry LIMS best practices through exclusive center of excellence for lab informatics
- Close alignment with future strategies and policies
- Reusable knowledge assets like:
- Implementation model
- Leveraging in-house tool (IDSS) for accelerating data migration
- Strong multi-vendor collaboration
- Integrated technology provider bringing end-to-end capability
- Complete ownership based on KPI driven performance metrics
- Tools and accelerators to increase the pace of the delivery:
- Data migration tool
- Validation framework
- Templates and checklists
For an agro chemical major consulted on lab informatics usability and process consulting.
As a part of this engagement carried out a study of the business units of the organization, performed usability, process consulting for harmonization and standardization of business process, process and system improvements leading to enablement of scale in operations, improved client experience, better governance structures.
For a global pharmaceutical major carried out implementation of a lab information management systems and integration with chromatography data systems.
In this project carried out end to end implementation and integration of the COTS packages. Infosys was the sole program management office for this project – managed multiple vendors like that of: database, infrastructure, lab information management systems, chromatography data systems and other systems.
For a global mining major from North America provided a global round the clock support for lab information management systems.
Infosys worked closely with the mining major to help drive standardization of plant system platforms, improve synergies across locations and business of client. This client has business spread across three different geographic regions and eight different laboratories. Through this engagement supported business critical applications and its interfaces.