Consumer Packaged Goods and Retail
Infosys commissioned a study of 113 senior executives from the Consumer Packaged Goods and Retail (CPG&R) industry with revenues of over USD 500 million across the US, Europe, Australia and New Zealand (ANZ). The respondents were senior executives involved in cybersecurity initiatives representing both technology and business functions.
The survey was aimed at understanding the cybersecurity initiatives for Consumer Packaged Goods and Retail companies. Some interesting findings are:
- 65% in the CPG&R industry have a well-defined enterprise-wide strategy/roadmap implemented
- A rising wave of cybercrimes has the CPG&R industry concerned chiefly about hackers and hacktivists (83%), corporate espionage (81%), and insider threats (74%)
- The top three problems that enterprises face are embedding security in the enterprise IT architecture (73%), building a security-first culture (72%) and keeping pace with fast-changing cyber technologies (64%)
- Working with technology vendors and service providers (56%), training and certification (50%) and workshops and enablement sessions (48%) are the top methods that CPG&R enterprises employ for overcoming the challenges they face
- The CPG&R industry is currently enhancing their cybersecurity program with Artificial intelligence (46%), Blockchain technology (43%) and Behavioral analytics (33%)