Mobile Workforce Management - Northumbrian Water Partnership
Northumbrian Water Limited (NWL) is a water and sewerage company supplying water and wastewater services to 2.7 million customers in the northeast of England as Northumbrian Water, and water services to 1.8 million customers in parts of Essex, Suffolk, and Norfolk as Essex & Suffolk Water.
In 2012, NWL embarked on a program to implement significant and sustainable improvements to field service operations by designing and implementing changes to NWL processes and technology. The objective was to ensure that the company delivers work at the right time, with the right people, and in the right place.
Infosys was NWL’s partner of choice for implementing the Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management. It was chosen primarily for its deep domain and product expertise, track record, and delivery capabilities.
Key features of the program:
- Business and IT jointly developed and executed a transformative operational business vision in just four months
A consistent end-to-end field service management process was deployed across the serviced territory
- Infosys collaborated with NWL to execute a new mobile workforce solution in 15 months using Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management (OUMWM) software
- The field service program generated financial benefits of close to £1.2 million
Benefits of the program:
- Manual processes and hand-offs are eliminated, resulting in lower costs and risk of errors as well as improved safety in operations
- Significant savings as a result of aligned processes across the entire service territory