Leading healthcare and insurance provider reduces turnaround time for enhancements implementation by 25%
A leading provider of healthcare, dental, and group life insurance.
The client faced complex financial and regulatory challenges and needed to control costs, while improving quality. Its Integrated Financial System, comprising Oracle Financials and some custom modules, was maintained by a small number of employees and supported by a large team of external consultants. The client wanted to enhance its business operations by better allocation of resources.
In order to achieve its goals, the client identified some strategic initiatives and created a finance road map. It partnered with Infosys to upgrade the Integrated Financial System from Oracle 11.0.3 to Oracle 11.5.10. Over 300 custom components were converted to Oracle 11.5.10 in just 52 person months. Infosys executed the project by using its proven templates, checklists, and Knowledge Management assets and tools. Significant reductions in maintenance costs were achieved by leveraging the Global Delivery Model. Infosys also provided 24x7 production support.
The solution and services of Infosys helped the client to:
- Stabilize the system with an overall reduction of around 30% in cost of maintenance
- Reduce maintenance effort requirement by 60%
- Cut down average turnaround time for implementation of enhancements from 60 to 45 days
- Reduce waiting time for taking up enhancement requests from 150 to 55 days
- Reallocate resources to focus on achieving strategic objectives laid out in the finance road map
Learn more about #InfosysatOOW