Call Work Optimization to Improve Customer Service
The client is one of the major electrical utility companies in US. Its functions include distribution and supply of electricity to a wide range of customers including small domestic customers and medium/ large commercial and industrial users. It also has generating capacity from interests in nuclear, hydroelectric and fossil-fueled power plants.
The utility client needed to improve the productivity of Call Service Representatives (CSR) by improving the design of workstation application after usability study. It also wanted to integrate
Computer Telephone Integration (CTI) to reduce call time while improving service.
The same function was used for both the back office and call center. This was taking a lot of time for client facing function. The challenge was to reduce the call handling time. To do this appropriate design for navigation had to be decided. All the technologies had to be integrated with mainframe and this was a challenge.
Infosys proposed to re-engineer the front-end of the WS application to create a UI specific to CSR needs for optimal call work-flow. Infosys was involved all through, initially as a facilitator in discovery stage and later as a system integrator.
Infosys defined the Optimum Screen Navigation to reduce 'Average Call Handle' time and call waiting time. There was a complete reuse of an old back-end for new GUI's back-end integration. The re-engineering of front-end was minimized through reuse of business model objects.
The following technology advantages were achieved:
- Definition of Optimum Screen Navigation reduced 'Average Call Handle' time and call waiting time
- Infosys provided a cost-effective solution by reusing old back-end and re-engineer front-end through reuse of business model objects
- Exceptionally high quality of software with no user acceptance defects leading to fast and smooth implementation
Some of the tangible benefits that accrued as a result of the project were:
- Reduced average call handling time in call centers
- Reduced number of repeat calls
- Increased customer satisfaction scores
- Improved customer service representative efficiency and Reduced training costs