In the Flat World, product-focused companies face challenges in design, accelerated lifecycles, and complex supply chains. These challenges delay product launch dates, exceed development budgets and miss quality targets.
Manufacturing companies face several challenges, including:
- Over 80% of NPDI programs fail despite investments in multiple enterprise systems, and integration and innovation initiatives
- Launch failures, lack of control over product costs, dropping new product programs, loss of revenues from these products, lack of differentiation, and the product not being an attractive proposition for the customer
- Inconsistent product development approach due to disparate business processes
- Poor performance due to unclear product definition, changing priorities, unrealistic schedule/financial expectations, and inadequate resource management
- Lack of global reuse and standardization, defeating economies of scale and increased product costs
You need to embark on NPDI programs to improve profitability and market share through new products. You must initiate process transformation, revamp product functions and revitalize the collaboration engine for better product effectiveness.
Infosys' Product Effectiveness (PE) offering enables you to increase product value and profitability with accelerated NPDI programs. We help you launch reliable and innovative products faster at reduced costs by enhancing the overall product effectiveness.
Our suite of services improves the 'product effectiveness index' through PLM-enabled practices for dynamic product portfolio decisions, advanced collaboration based on process harmonization and standardization, and system engineering by adopting eco-friendly lean principles. It revamps product functions and achieves process transformation with an integrated approach to build effective products.
- Reduced product development costs and turn-around time
- Enhanced NPDI program agility and customer responsiveness
- Ability to accommodate late changes to product definitions
- Reduced time-to-market
- Standardization in product development leading to increased economies of scale and global reuse
- Improved success rate of product launches
- Enhanced design productivity
- Dynamic decisions on product portfolio to build a healthy pipeline of profitable products
- Product development cost and product cost
- NPV of product portfolio
- Number of unfunded tooling changes