Transform your customer contact center experience
A problem worth solving
Manufacturers who cater to organizations face a unique challenge. Often, multiple people use their products within the same customer organization. This means that different people could all be calling about different issues, from the same organization. Or different people could be calling about the same issue, from the same organization. The implication for service support is that this can lead to duplicate efforts by support agents as well as a lack of holistic understanding of the problem. This cascades into several other related issues:
- Need for significant op-ex spends to maintain large BPO teams to support these customer service transactions
- Increasing hurdles to nudge the needle on customer satisfaction scores. Customers – several of them distributors - must endure long waits before receiving actionable updates and case resolutions
- Customer service is based on transaction-based interactions, with a limited view into the relationship or continuity of requests, and case-level reporting, energy is most often invested in closing cases within prescribed SLAs rather than ensuring tangible and sustainable outcomes.
Finding and framing the real problem
Service support agents should have single-screen access and 360 degree insights from all the tickets created by anyone at a given customer organization so they can stay informed and understand recurring and/or concurrent issues. In addition, the support workflow must be automated for not only maximum efficiency, but also efficacy of outcomes.
Solving the problem
Following a thorough study of the systems and process landscape, it is possible to bring about an automation-led renewal of the existing systems:
- Implement a platform to provide a single interface to non-intrusively integrate heterogeneous applications rapidly. (We integrated 80 heterogeneous applications requiring different technology skills to operate, for one client.) This breaks down silos across several key process areas to create a single-source of customer truth and helps build a foundation for customer service based on holistic knowledge rather than the limiting window presented by transaction processing
- Once automated, the system generates data-led insights into not just the nature of customer problems, but also agents that are best equipped and most experienced in solving specific types of problems. This makes it possible to enable intelligent auto-routing of service requests based on these insights.
- Faster time-to-resolution, improved accuracy of responses, and timely status updates cuts down average handle time for customer requests by 15% and delivers 98% first touch resolutions
- Intelligent routing helps identify historically successful requestor-agent combinations and transforms the otherwise random request assignment process to an effective relationship management mechanism
- Guided process and context-aware help (an outcome of breaking down silos) allows for faster ‘immersion’ of agents into processes, allowing teams to build flexible staffing models and eliminate the dependence on long training lead-times to ramp-up staffing
- Reduction in costs of managing customer service operations through integration-driven decision support and process automation
- Savings from automating simple back-office operations allows customers to invest in high-skill, high-value agents to manage exceptions efficiently.